FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

Hi, How do i change BRD_ALT_CONFIG?
Searched the full param list, could t find it.
Arducopter 4.0.3 on omnibus f4 pro v3
Thanks!
Nevermind
Just read upthread I Have to use the dev version…
Will try that.

Where do i download the dev FW?
Is it in the beta directory or do i Have download the source?
Can you link it pleas?
Thank you.
Im Trying to link omnibus f4 pro to s. Port And a holybro 433. Have to enable telem2.

You don’t have to download it. From Mission Planners Install Firmware screen hit Cntrl>Q and it will populate the latest dev version. But if you want to down load and install manually it’s here, pick your board and use the .apj file and “load custom firmware”

https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/latest/

1 Like

Many Thanks Dave.
One More question-- is the dev FW Stable or am I to Expect bugs?
Thanks again

If you want stable fw with fport support then the closest would be to run the current beta releases. Both the copter and plane beta releases support fport.

Thank you tridge.
Not that interested in fport.
Just Want to Have the BRD_ALT_CONFIG so I can get another uart.

No, you can’t call the Dev version Stable. It’s for trial of new features that haven’t been thoroughly tested. You are the test pilot when using it!

Thank you Dave.
Is it possible to get the BRD_ALT_CONFIG in a Stable version? Or Will it always only be in the dev FW?
And regarding the inverter hardware, ive tried using rs232 to ttl chips from diferant sources but can not get the telemetry thorough R9 Rx s.port.
Param: SERIAL1_PROTOCOL 10, option 0.
Do i need a diferant option?(it does work with slim+ rx1 pad and option 4(? Halfduplex)

I suppose Stable will include it at some point, this is how things migrate form Dev>Beta>Stable. Sometimes a rc release is made to adress a serious problem but I wouldn’t say this is one.

Are you trying to get Fport working or just Sport telemetry? This is the Fport thread and AFAIK the R9 Rx doesn’t have an Fport firmware option. But this area is a mess with Frsky so not totally sure.

Im almost positive the firmware for R9 has fport (theres flex and flex+f. Port option)
Couldnt get it to work with my diy rs232 to ttl cable, on xsr or R9. so was Trying to get s. Port only. And no success. With slim+ it works fine (f. Port & s. Port using rx1 uninverted s. Port with halfduplex enable) so Im thinking the cable is the problem,
I tried chips from diferant vendors and switching rx/t but nothing.
Any thought?

Hi,
yes I had fport working on r9mini and r9mm on flex firmware at 100mW 16ch full telemetry, but I haven’t tested latest ACCESS versions yet.

Alex

Hi,

It works! Well, almost, rssi seems to have scale 0-40.
Matek f405 Wing, R9 Slim+ (Flex FPort)

Any ideas how to fix rssi values?

I have fport working on omnibus f4 and r9 mm.
Same issue with rssi.

First at all, thanks to Fport support.

In my case, It works incompletely.

cube orange, r9 & r9m(not access), kore board, taranis 2019
serial3_baud 115200, serial3_options 7, serial3_protocal 23, rc_options 8, rssi_type 3
(gps using CAN)

RC channel is OK
RSSI is OK
frsky telem is not working

please check if there’s anything wrong.
or what can i check?

below is logic capture.

You need to add a pull down resistor, ~10K.

i did that
the only port i can get to work is serial port 3 ( GPS 1 port ) will not work on any of my orange cubes on any other ports just that one on all of then
but if i use and inverter it works on all serial ports
it looks like an ardupilot issue have tried plane and chopper

I installed resistance, but it doesn’t work yet…

I attached a logic analysis capture.

observed several frames, but they are the same.

AppID and data frames do not appear any values.

I think should show it at uplink. but it’s not.

I’m just reiterating my experience here with the 2.1 versions of FrSky receiver firmware… it doesn’t work as far as I can tell. See my post above. FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

I have fport working on Matek F405-CTR and r9mm.
Issue with rssi. seems to have scale 0-40.

I have fport working on Matek F765-wing and r9mm.
RSSI scale 0-40.