FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

I have fport working on omnibus f4 and r9 mm.
Same issue with rssi.

First at all, thanks to Fport support.

In my case, It works incompletely.

cube orange, r9 & r9m(not access), kore board, taranis 2019
serial3_baud 115200, serial3_options 7, serial3_protocal 23, rc_options 8, rssi_type 3
(gps using CAN)

RC channel is OK
RSSI is OK
frsky telem is not working

please check if there’s anything wrong.
or what can i check?

below is logic capture.

You need to add a pull down resistor, ~10K.

i did that
the only port i can get to work is serial port 3 ( GPS 1 port ) will not work on any of my orange cubes on any other ports just that one on all of then
but if i use and inverter it works on all serial ports
it looks like an ardupilot issue have tried plane and chopper

I installed resistance, but it doesn’t work yet…

I attached a logic analysis capture.

observed several frames, but they are the same.

AppID and data frames do not appear any values.

I think should show it at uplink. but it’s not.

I’m just reiterating my experience here with the 2.1 versions of FrSky receiver firmware… it doesn’t work as far as I can tell. See my post above. FrSky FPort support - testers wanted

I have fport working on Matek F405-CTR and r9mm.
Issue with rssi. seems to have scale 0-40.

I have fport working on Matek F765-wing and r9mm.
RSSI scale 0-40.

I have the same problem with rssi level with FPort

Good day to all, has anyone been able to get the telemetry working for Matek F405 wing , with a R9 Slim+ ?.. Radio is the Radiomaster T16. Tried different setups and no good. Could be because Im new to open TX. Im from Hitec/ Airtronics family so all this stuff is Chinese to me.

Hi.
Thanks for great work l. I had Matek F405 wing board and R9mm frsky receiver with flex Fport fw and Taranis with Yapuu script. Till now i cant the telemetry work through inverted F.port of R9mm (on 4.0.5 version) to TX2 uart pad on fc with frsky passthrough protocol(serial protocol 10) Everybody recommended an inverter for fport in case of f4 boards. Will this dev release solve this issue so can i use R9mm receiver inverted Fport without diode and ttl converter to get telemetry.?!
What is the right setup: is serial2 prtocol10 or 23 ? serial_option 0 or 7?
I ve read in the main post that in case of f405 need to connect an external inverter on UART2 than the setup mentioning Serial5…why as i know on f405 serialX=UartX so the serial has same number as the uart on this FC.
Am i missing something. Can you clear me up the above issue…what is the correct wiring…do i need an inverter or diode on uart or Not? Which protocol will wokr and on which uart from R9mm Fport?
Thanks
Many thanks

Im in the same situation with taranis x9d plus and R9mm receiver. Have you solved this issue…if yes whats your wiring and protocol setup?
Thanks

Have you used an inverter on uart of f405? What is your wiring and prorocol setup?

I have a yaapu inverter, but according to a few people I don’t need to use it because thr R9 slim + has both inverted and non- inverted pins. I tried both , blue and orange wires and still nothing. I don’t think this receiver works well with the 405 wing board with arduplane. Maybe with INav and Beta Flight it’s happy. For some of us there is always kill joy issues.

1 Like

Hello , is that possible on jumper R8 receiver , this receiver have rx-tx (invert) or F-port ?

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

I have just installed the Jumper R8 in a glider tonight. I will try it out later and report back.

Yeah :heart_eyes: , I’m waiting your reply …

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

There is new release, no more beta. FPort support is in. F765 works perfect!

I successfuly setup working telemetry (Yapuu script)and RC in link on Matek F405 wing . This works also on 4.0.6stable FW
R9MM receiver with external. Diy rs232/diode inverter cable!

Used UART1…inverter goes to S.port! (next to sbus pin) on r9mm…rx tx vcc gnd goes from rs232 inverter to UART1 tx rx 5v gnd
Serial 1 protocol: 23
Serial 1 option:160

You don’t need to use an inverter on R9MM as you can connect straight to Inverted S Port without inverter board.