Foldable arm mounts, suggestions?

Hi all,

I’ve recently build a quad using the tarot z25 foldable arm mount

I looked through the forum and saw a post by @Leonardthall stating that tilted arms are obsolete. I planned to use the larger 30mm version of this from RJX hobby for my next frame design but since that also has 5 degrees of tilt, I’m getting second thoughts and are now looking for a new mount to replace it on my designs. I like it a lot so it’s a shame it doesn’t come with 0 tilt.

I looked at this one from RJX hobby

I’m not sure if that’s the best option. What do you guys use? I need something reliable over time!

Thanks!

Avoid the tilted arms if you can, but it wont be the end of the world if you cant.

Some of the bigger copters have arms that are completely removable, like a Foxtech Gaia for example, and you have to carefully inspect and retention the connector pins as part of pre-flight and maintenance checks. I’m not saying that’s necessarily a bad thing. Just something to consider.

Otherwise vertically hinged (umbrella style) arms would be OK.

Side hinged folding mechanisms should be avoided, I’ve seen vibrations attributed to them that you just cant get rid of. And maybe some arm twisting…

Probably the only good horizontally folding mechanism I’ve seen is like the Alta X, but probably not easily achievable yourself without buying their frame

2 Likes

Hi,

Do you know of any good removable arm mount to buy? I really need to be able to fold the drone or remove the arms for transport

Thanks!

I have a hard time finding those mounts you remove. I talked to some people and most uses the vertical fold mechanism (horizontal hinge).

The only one I’ve found that seems good and does not use a horizontal hinge is this one at RJX hobby.

The one I’ve been looking at before is this one, with a horizontal hinge. This one I know a company that uses with great success

And the one I posted a picture of abow, where you screw on a cylinder to lock it in.

You don’t know of any mount that’s great or that you use?

Thanks!