Flysky fs-x8b reciever

Hello all!

It’s been a long time since I’ve had to deal with R/C and a lot has changed in radios. I bought a pixhawk kit with a PPM encoder and a radio with the flysky fs-x8b reciever. What I’m struggling with, is connecting the flysky reciever to pixhawk…

From what I found, ppm encoders are usually connected to reciever units, but the fs-x8b supposedly has a ppm encoder built-in. That means I can connect the fs-x8b directly to the pixhawk? If so, that just leaves the question of wiring, which I’m also confused on. The fs-x8b has 4 pins: PPW, SBUS, VCC GND. From my understanding, I need a harness that connects SBUS, VCC, GND into the standard SBUS 3pin rc connector on the pixhawk?

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hey!

My understanding may be incorrect, but if you want to use PPM instead of sBus/iBus, you’re going to need to connect to the PPM/VCC/GND pins and leave the SBUS pin out of the equation.

I run my Pixracer with an ia6c with iBus, so I use the SBUS/VCC/GND pins and leave out the PPM pin.

1 Like

Interesting. So looks like I don’t need the ppm encoder from the kit I bought, but I’m missing a 3 pin wire that would connect the fs-x8b to pixhawk sbus. Looks like I’ll have to make one myself, but that’s easy stuff.

I used a kit of DuPont female to female wires, and just super-glued together the three that went into the Pixracer (ends up being pretty much exactly the footprint of a Futaba servo plug), and kept separate the leads that went into the ia-x6c.

No idea if this is recommended/correct, but yeah.