Flight stability problem

Hello, can anyone help me with auto-stabilization in arducopter, with APM 2.0 board.
I have been trying for days but I haven’t achieve a single time when it has lifted up for atleast 1 - 2 feet.
All the time it just starts and roll over to some side with breaking 1 or 2 propellers.
I even tried to lower the thrust, in which I was successful, after that the condition was a little bit stable, but the copter was just lying on the floor … As I increased the thrust it just did the same it was doing … SO please tell me how stabilize it ?

@sameerlaghari1,
You need to inform us of what version of Arducopter you are using and to provide either tlogs or dataflash logs to help us troubleshoot your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Hi sameerlaghari1,

It seems at least quite possible that you have roll or pitch reversed.

I assume you have all props installed correctly and that all motors are turning in the correct direction as described in the wiki.

You can go to the radio config section of Mission Planner and it will let you reverse either or both roll or pitch.

You can test this in stabilize mode 2 ways, but you have to hold the copter in your hands to do so with props on and spinning so it isn’t the safest thing.

In any case with a firm grip on the bottom of the copter while holding it level in front of you and facing away from you (with plenty of prop clearance from your eyes.

Plug in the battery and arm the copter, open the throttle till the motors are providing some upward thrust.

1. When you try to move the copter tilted away from level it should try and fight you and want to return to level.

2. If (with your free hand) you apply a little bit of pitch to the right the copter should try and tilt to the right. When you give a little bit of forward pitch it should try to pitch away from you.

If the first part doesn’t behave as expected you probably don’t have the correct motors ESCs connected to the correct pins on the APM or PX flight controller. There is a diagram in the wiki to show you how they are supposed to be connected.

You need to have the first part working correctly before you even attempt the second part.

Once the first part is working correctly, proceed to the second part.

If the second part now doesn’t work correctly you need to reverse either pitch or roll or both in the radio config section of mission planner.

Obviously if it yaws the wrong direction using the left yaw stick you can also fix that by reversing it in the radio config section.

The one thing we probably do know is that your throttle probably doesn’t need to be reversed because it sounds like that is working correctly.

It is very common for one or more stick directions to need to be reveresed and this is most likely what it is.

Best Regards, :slight_smile:

Gary

@Thanks Gray.
For making each and everything clear :slight_smile:
I appreciate the way you helped me out.
My Esc’s are perfectly installed, and the motors and propellers as well.
Actually the problem was that my quad wasn’t calibrated well, N today I made it by calibrating it’s accelerometer and compass from mission planner - Initial setup.

But now what the problem I m facing is that my Hk T6A receiver is not working … it’s led just blinks once as the power is on, and then it turns off … In binding mode the led is just blinking and blinking but it’s not getting bind. I desoldered the antenna and soldered it again, but there is nothing happening … can you help me with this ?
The model which I have is FS-R6A v16. It was working fine but suddenly this problem has occur and I m not able to solve it. Please guide me what to do ?
Thanks

Hi sameer,

I think Hobby King Receiver failing to bind with transmitter is beyond our scope here.

Binding is often problematic, especially between brands.

But it seems like something might actually be wrong with your RC stuff: transmitter or receiver. :frowning:

I’d normally suggest you contact the manufacturers support, but since that is HobbyKing that is unlikely to be beneficial.

Sounds like your only real recourse is to try another receiver, I have several spares myself and in this hobby that is a pretty good idea. :exclamation:

Best Regards,

Gary

@Gray
Alright, I 'll give it a try, and Thanks a lot for your kind concern :slight_smile:
Stay blessed :slight_smile: