Flight Plan - NAV: Land altitude meaning

I’ve started taking a look at planning missions through APM Planner 2.0 and I had a question about the altitude setting for the “NAV: Land” action. From what I’ve read, this action is supposed to work similar to the Land flight mode… but from what I understand, when engaged, the Land flight mode descends from its current location at the speed set in the parameters until it has reached the ground. It appears that “NAV: Land” functions slightly differently in the Flight Plan since it has fields for Lat, Lon and Altitude. Lat/Lon seem fairly straight forward in that those should be the Lat/Lon of your desired landing point… but what is the meaning for Altitude? Is that the altitude it should attain BEFORE starting it’s landing sequence? Or should it be set to zero for the landing point on the ground?

Thanks kindly!
-Dave

Arducopter uses relative altitude based on home alt. If you put it will land at or above that altitude. I.e it will detect the ground if it comes sooner. If no ground detected at 0m it will just hover (though i would need to verify that detail)

I have tested using a 2m alt and it just hovers, and does not land. The land command (ie mode) must set 0m when engaged.

Excellent… exactly what I needed to know! Heading out shortly to give it a shot. Starting w/ some small missions (launch >> delay >> land) and then start expanding them adding more bells & whistles.

Thanks kindly!