Flight Modes not displaying on OSD

The flight mode on my OSD is not being displayed when I switch to different flight modes.

I have the “flight mode” checked on the Arducam OSD Config Tool when I initially had set it up.

Everything else seems to work fine and is being displayed on the OSD.

I have attempted to re-flash the firmware, but it didn’t resolve the problem.

Hi littleg,

Take a look to the “Important note before you proceed:” on the wiki:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … acter-set/

Confirm you don’t have another message overlapped with the flight mode on the panel.

Some new modes are not included in the MinimOSD Firmware v2.0 such as drift mode.

I have done everything according to the link, and I don’t have any overlap readings. I actually prefer less data on my screen, so I only have data that I deem essential; however, the flight mode is still not being displayed.

I have also checked that the voltage being supplied to Minimosd and it is 5 volts…

I don’t know what else to do.

Did you get this resolved? - if so, how? I have the exact same issue and similar to you verified that the field is not overlapped/covered. - deleted everything around it, even moved it just to be sure, but I still don’t get the field to show any value (other than the label…)
Everything else works great and shows the correct values during flight.

Thanks

I have the same issue, NOT flight mode is show on the screen. Somebody resolved it? Please help

Still no luck on my end, even though I tried many different things, including adding a highly regulated 5V supply and starting from scratch with mode as the only field on the screen.
:frowning:

Hello
Same problem - Flight mode not show.
Arducopter 3.1.4, MinimOSD’s Firmware v2.0

I’m also flying an APM 2.6/ArduCopter 3.1.4 and the latest firmware on the minimOSD, everything works like a charm, EXCEPT the flight mode.
I would really have liked to have the flight mode displayed, nice to know if I’ve misplaced my switches and am flying in a different mode than I think I’m in.

Could you try minimOSD beta version:
drive.google.com/a/3drobotics.c … p=sharing#

Or minimOSD extra firmware?

code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/
diydrones.com/forum/topics/addin … o-minimosd

The beta version meant no change, but the mimimOSD extra firmware worked like a charm. I now have flight mode visible (that drift is missing I can easily live with for now.)

I used the MinimOSD Extra Copter 2.2 firmware, being a bit skeptic about anything having pre-release in its name :slight_smile: .

Thank you for the tip Rogelio

Need to withdraw that last success message :frowning:
I only tried it without arming the APM controller, it turns out the MinimOSD Extra Copter 2.2 firmware freezes up as soon as I arm the FC.

I now also tried the MinimOSD-Extra_Copter_Pre-release_2.4_r726.hex firmware, this one doesn’t freeze up but as I saw a lot of others have also mentioned it is all garbled up (most of the labels are wrong/missing and the information is placed around nothing like what I set it up to be.)

So, I’m back to stock 2.2 firmware for the time being, at least then everything works as it’s supposed to.

Update Arducopter 1.3.5 - OSD works ok.

Can someone verify this, as this was not on the changelog for 3.1.5 and I would like to avoid doing any more compass calibrations than I need to :wink:

I had the same problem with MinimOSD 2.2, ArduCopter 3.1.5. I had a look at the code and found that the mode display differentiates between ArduPlanes and ArduCopters, but only quadcopters are recognized, not my hexacopter (or tri- or octocopters). I already filed an issue about that (code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/is … tail?id=86).

Please find attached a compiled Version of ArduCam/MinimOSD 2.2 that is patched to show the flight mode for all kinds of multirotors. Will not work for ArduPlane!

[attachment=0]MinimOSD_22_Copter.zip[/attachment]
Best Regards,
Claus

1 Like

Confirm, hexa not display mode, quadro display fine!

Hey crshmstr,

I like your username.

Thank you so much for uploading this file as this one actually worked with my clone minimosd. I’ve been trying forever to get mine to work with the flight modes being displayed.

All of the data are displayed clearly and nicely, no weird characters like before when I tried different configurations. The only odd thing about it is when I switch the flight mode to Position Hold, it shows Hybrid. I guess it was the way it was programmed, a hybrid between stabilize and loiter.

LittleG

[quote=“crshmstr”]I had the same problem with MinimOSD 2.2, ArduCopter 3.1.5. I had a look at the code and found that the mode display differentiates between ArduPlanes and ArduCopters, but only quadcopters are recognized, not my hexacopter (or tri- or octocopters). I already filed an issue about that (code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/is … tail?id=86).

Please find attached a compiled Version of ArduCam/MinimOSD 2.2 that is patched to show the flight mode for all kinds of multirotors. Will not work for ArduPlane!

Best Regards,
Claus[/quote]

[quote=“littleg”]The only odd thing about it is when I switch the flight mode to Position Hold, it shows Hybrid. I guess it was the way it was programmed, a hybrid between stabilize and loiter.

LittleG
[/quote]

Hybrid was the original name for Position Hold, if you are using 3.2 or higher on the APM/PixHawk then it should say PHLD.

[quote=“crshmstr”]Please find attached a compiled Version of ArduCam/MinimOSD 2.2 that is patched to show the flight mode for all kinds of multirotors. Will not work for ArduPlane!

Best Regards,
Claus[/quote]

Thank you Claus, this worked for me too.

Best Regards,
Jim

[quote=“crshmstr”]I had the same problem with MinimOSD 2.2, ArduCopter 3.1.5. I had a look at the code and found that the mode display differentiates between ArduPlanes and ArduCopters, but only quadcopters are recognized, not my hexacopter (or tri- or octocopters). I already filed an issue about that (code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/is … tail?id=86).

Best Regards,
Claus[/quote]

I had the same issue and your firmware worked as a dream!! thanks a million Claus Flying my octo being sure 100% of flight modes is such a pleasure
Best
BB