Flight Controllers, Dshot and ESCs

Where could I know it wheather its applicable?

Ok I will let try this 1st and move next to that.

I use dshot on all of my multirotors. From my little 200mm ones all the way up to my large octo’s

Look in the Beta Repository and see if there is a firmware target with a bdshot suffix.

Like this:

1 Like

Hello , i’m a new here. I want to use DSHOT for telemetry back. Can you sent me a link that explain me how to implement it (all modifications to do, how to ensure that it works well,…)? I use the Xrotor micro 40A BLHELI_32 4 en 1 DSHOT 1200:

There is a Wiki for that.
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-dshot-blheli32-telemetry.html

1 Like

Thanks… Do you know if there is already a work done on motor speed process control using this telemetry back?
I am searching document about it but i don’t find interesting results.

No. The only use I know of is as a reference for the Dynamic Notch Filter.

Starting with Arducopter 4.1 there is more telemetry information available in both mavlink (real-time) and dataflash (post-flight). try it, it might already do what you want.

2 Likes

Hello, I have a problem. I have set up the DSHOT protocol (I use DSHOT600) and I manage to retrieve the ESC telemetry information (voltage, rpm, temperature, …). The only problem is that for a fixed TRATE frequency (for example 400Hz) my ESC logs are not obtained every 2.5ms, we vary between 2.5ms, 5ms and sometimes 7.5ms and it even happens that there are expectations of 600ms. Has anyone ever had this concern? If so, how to fix it?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Which ArduPilot version are you using? On which board? Can you post your parameter file?

If you are using a Flight Controller with a Bdshot firmware target use that. The ESC telemetry rate will be much faster. But I’m not sure that is even clocked.

Probably why @amilcarlucas was asking which board and version :grinning:

param_list.param (16.8 KB)

I think that i use the last version. I use BLHeli_32.