Flight Controllers, Dshot and ESCs

I generally run DSHOT600. MOT_PWM_TYPE 6

Thanks for suggestions.
Without any issue itā€™s runing and is that same esc your using T.motor F45A BLHeli esc.

No but I have used a lot of blheli_32 escā€™s single and 4 in 1 and not had an issue.

Which flight controller is a V5 nano ?

I have both cuav v5+ and v5 nano as well.if use BLHeli esc we donā€™t want to set MOT_PWM_MIN and MOT_PWM_MAX ?

Calibration donā€™t need and any others tips to improve performance.because this is 1st time iam going to use BLHeli esc instead of Normal Pwm esc .

Dshot stability was a bit of a moving target on previous revisions of Ardupilot with individual combinations of Flight Controllers (F4/F7/H7) and ESCā€™s giving unreliable results. But this seems to be mostly solved in the the latest beta and master. I also typically use Dshot600. 1200 on one tiny quad.

1 Like

No you donā€™t set pwm low or high. Just connect them up set params and your good to go. Making sure you have followed the docs. There are a couple of things you have to be careful of if itā€™s has an iomcu

You will find if you select a Dshot protocol these will automatically change to a default value. Donā€™t change it.

Yes I saw one of ardupilot threads andypler said that still more realiable performance will come in 4.1.0.

Thank you so much for your time.

1 Like

Also you can make it sound like Batman theme

Thank you soo much ā€¦I will keep post when my 1st testing done .

I like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dkemxr

Itā€™s any recommendations that BLHeli esc only use for racing quad and not for normal Quadcopter?

Made me smile Dave :+1:

I use it on most things I fly, my dart plane has dshot on it too.

Thank you :blush: ukmook .

As @ukmook says I also use it on all craft if possible. On multirotors there is a big advantage having ESC telemetry with RPM for the Notch Filter configuration. Or bi-directional Dshot but thatā€™s still Dshot!

1 Like

Unfortunately my esc did not have esc telemetry itā€™s T.motor F45A BLHeli esc.

https://store-en.tmotor.com/h5/#/product?id=737

You could try Bi-Directional Dshot if there is firmware for your Flight Controller. This will provide Motor RPM on the ESC signal wires. Itā€™s actually a better source of Motor RPM than standard telemetry.

Once you have it all setup and working, you may be able to use bi-directional dshot the esc can do it iā€™m just not up on those flight controllers. which will send motor rpm on the same signal wire. Which in turn helps with notch filters etc

What dave said lol

There is a BDshot target for CUAV X7 in the Beta repository. Iā€™m using it on Matek and Kakute boards.