First time setup with MP 2.0.14 on a Mac

Hi I am trying to setup Mission Planner 2.0.14 on a Mac. I have been able to install the firmware on my rig but when trying to follow the instructions found here screencast.com/t/La4ckyfVI. I am trying to do first time configuration and calibration of the APM. What am I missing. Thanks!
d

[mf]Mission planner[/mf]

Hi roontoon,

The software you are using is APM planner, not mission planner and the documentation screens are from mission planner, however the screens are almost the same in both software options.

You need to change the serial port, from your picture you are trying to use bluetooth incoming port, click on that section so a new window will pop up and choose USBserialmodem which is the one assigned to the Pixhawk and hit connect.

Once you establish the connection, you will get access to mandatory setup, and you will be able to follow the documentation.

Thanks! That worked for that problem! I can configure and save but I cannot arm the copter have used throttle down and direction to the right for 5-8 seconds with no reaction from the copter which has red arming led flashing. On the flight data tab I am getting telemetry and the compass is responsive. Thanks for any help.

Please check this:

Your transmitter should cause the following control changes:
Channel 1: low = roll left, high = roll right.
Channel 2: low = pitch forward, high=pitch back.
Channel 3: low = throttle down (off), high = throttle up.
Channel 4: low = yaw left, high = yaw right.

So when you are arming the vehicle will see low throttle and high yaw (right). Some info about arming:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arming_the_motors/

Also check if you are getting a prearm safety check message:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/prearm_safety_check/

[quote=“RogelioN”]Please check this:
Your transmitter should cause the following control changes:
Channel 1: low = roll left, high = roll right.
Channel 2: low = pitch forward, high=pitch back.
Channel 3: low = throttle down (off), high = throttle up.
Channel 4: low = yaw left, high = yaw right.
[/quote]

Where can I check this. In the radio calibration? I just found out that I had a weak battery in my transmitter and it was swelling up. I ordered a new one so I have to wait until it arrives to test more. Thanks of the help.

@roontoon,
Yes, you should be able to see these indications in the MP Radio Calibration screen.
Regards,
TCIII GM

I still can’t arm my quad. Attached is a screen shot of the radio calibration tab. The transmitter looks as though it is communicating and can see the read outs move but I can’t arm. Anything else I can try or look for?

d

[attachment=0]1.png[/attachment]

Bump… Any help with this. Additional information if it helps. I am using a Turnigy transmitter with er9X firmware installed. Additionally I reset the ESEs and all of the motors powered up. My issue currently is that I can’t arm my quad with the transmitter. Thanks

d