Firmware 4.5 Dev

MP has lost copter and home icon’s on map only red dot… .

That is not enough information. How exactly can we guess what is your problem? Guessing? Clairvoyance? I use ArduCopter 4.5.0-DEV and do not see the issue.

Update sorry solved. I moved the question to MP and was told that the new version of MP needs to connect to sat before you see the icon by taking it outside. I also want to discuss why ground effect is not working but need to do more testing.

For Yappu user that having issues connecting turns out even if you have a FC card that has the ram you could need to up the stack memory SCR_HEAP_SIZE even if it worked before! I used 304800 and my TX16s worked again.

The default scripting heap size for many H743 autopilots was increased some time ago (presumably to account for additional scripting features and the proliferation of scripting as an expected feature for many use cases). But if you’re incrementally upgrading over time, the heap size parameter will likely remain unchanged from your existing parameter set.

2 Likes

Makes sense. I just had a odd issue with 2 of my FC’s and i could not get them to work, I gave up then remembered that I could increased the size and it worked. MP defaults are 204800 once set to 304800 one of them works. I got one more and will try the same. I using the PRP.

204800 is the larger value, present in recent firmware (I think it’s actually double the old default). I’m surprised you needed to increase it for what I assume is a fairly low task load on the scripting engine. What script are you running on the autopilot related to Yaapu? Those scripts usually just reside on the transmitters themselves.

Hi Yuri,

The script i running is about a year old on the TX16.

I tried for days to get Yappu to work again. was good the hear the Yappu voice today, IN reality the only change was setting the size.

Then this behavior is entirely inexplicable. Increasing onboard heap size will do exactly nothing to help your transmitter run a script.

Do you have any scripts at all running on the autopilot itself (on the SD card, under APM/scripts)?

1 Like

i been using Yappu I really like it for over a year without connecting issues. I do use VTOL Quicktune as well for about a year. I what is driving me nuts is i’m spending days to fix stuff that worked and have no idea why things are breaking.

If you set it back to 204800, do you get GCS error messages about scripting memory? They will show up at about 1Hz or so if present.

Also, if you set SCR_ENABLE=0, does Yaapu passthrough still work? (at this point, suspecting a memory bug…loosely related to scripting, but not specifically related to Yaapu)

I give that a shot. I must say that out of 4 FC all the same two worked for without changing the default size. all 4 worked before,

That make sense with what I’d expect (the two that work unaffected by scripting memory). While Yaapu does employ a Lua script on the transmitter, it has nothing to do with onboard scripting by ArduPilot.

The VTOL_QUIKTUNE script does run on the autopilot, and I think it’s a bit resource intensive. However, if you don’t get nag messages about scripting memory, then all other ArduPilot features should remain unaffected. If that’s the only onboard script you ever use, then I recommend only enabling scripting for tuning sessions and then disabling it for routine flight.

1 Like

Roger that will do Yuri -----

Will check in a bit later and see how you get on. Might be worth raising a Github issue if you can nail down a repeatable failure mode.

1 Like

Hi,
I just crash a quadcopter during autotune with 4.5 beta, where should i post the log?

Please post details in the 4.5 announcement