Filter Tuning on Plane

I was wondering if anybody has some “best practices” for filter tuning on Plane. I’m used to copter where I’d do a hover with batch sampling on to get a starting point for placing a static notch.

For plane, is there an ideal flight pattern or weather conditions while batch sampling? Does the plane even need to be flying or could decent results be achieved from holding the plane and actuating throttle without flying?

With a single motor plane (A nano talon EVO in this case), should I even worry about using a static notch filter if I have RPM from BLHeli to feed into the dynamic harmonic notch filter?

For a single motor plane, would there be any benefits to go with the new in-flight FFT to feed the dynamic notch over RPM data?

Thanks!

RPM on the motor of a plane is much more stable and plays less of an impact on flight stability than it does on copter. I’ve never done notch tuning on plane (but I’ve done it on copter). I’m not sure that it would provide much, if any, benefit or gain in flight performance.

I’d love to hear if filter tuning on a plane would make any difference, but I’m going to guess it’s only in plane for use on VTOL.