Fighter VTOL 4+1 fixed wing

Dennis, @Dennis_Lott,

I was thinking about your package issue and wondered if based upon your final destination, what would be the “Next Facility” location from the Jersey City center? If it was close enough to you, perhaps you could drive to it and ask to have any unknown boxes checked. We know what the box looks like from the image below. If the mailing label fell off, it could be sitting at the “Next Facility” location. This could be done in parallel with getting a refund and then you could sort it out later, if needed.

Makes sense :wink: BTW I prefer integrated PM like there are in Omnibus, really easy to integrate. Cheap PM as we had in beginning PM have a lot of failure, now better …

Greg,

After three months and 20 days, I finally received the Fighter kit. It was in perfect condition with no damage. I was pleasantly surprised. Now if I only had time to build it.

Dennis

1 Like

Dennis,

That’s great news! It gives me more hope that mine won’t sit in U.S. customs forever. Since the flying season is winding down here in NY, I expect mine to be a winter project anyway.

Thanks for the update!

Dennis,

Glad you received it finally!

Is your build going to take the hobby/rec (6s power system) route like Greg or the mapping route (12s)?

I myself am leaning toward purchasing the PNP version since I will need the 12s components for my research purposes and they are more difficult to source than 6s components, especially the motors.

Can’t wait to see some pics of your kit and confirm what all was included, when you get a chance.

Cheers,
Christian

I ordered the fighter kit from AliExpress on September 1. They told me they can’t ship it. I could not understand the reason.
I also placed a separate order for the motors and props.
AliExpress messaged back and forth with me and ended up telling me to cancel the order and they will do something else. I am not understanding what at this point, but we will find out and I will let you know.

Christian,

I am building the 12S version. I originally ordered the PNP version and was told they could not ship the motors so they pulled it from the ordering options. I then ordered the kit. My plan was to see the quality of the kit and if I liked it, order the PNP version and keep the kit for backup parts. I am waiting on an answer from MFE on availability and shipping options. MFE already told me there is no more mail shipping. After the experience I just had, I won’t ship by traditional mail anyway. I will pay the higher shipping for UPS.

1 Like

Tim,

I had a challenging time communicating with MFE early into the process. I almost decided not to order the kit. They told me the reason they could not ship the PNP version was they could not ship the motors. Not much of this makes sense to me. I guess it is the language barrier. Please let us know when you learn more. I am still interested in the PNP kit if I have confidence I will receive it.

I will report back after hearing availability and shipping options from MFE.

Hi Dennis,
I only ordered the kit on one order and the motors and props on another order.
The PNP version was not available when I placed the order on their website.
Funny thing now is that they have put the PNP version back on their website:

I would be happy to pay the higher shipping via UPS if they gave me that option. 2 questons:
Can they ship motors that way?
How do I select that shipping method?

The trade regulations between China and the U.S. have been locked down and then slightly opened since the pandemic. This is the main reason that they are unable to find shipping carriers that can deliver their products. It also seems to be in a state of flux these past few months. The backup at customs centers really makes logistics slow. I suspect that they are opening all boxes.

The PNP version only shows up in the UUUDrone Store on AliExpress. The free shipping notice is new.
“Free shipping for orders over US $80.00 via the AliExpress Standard Shipping method”

• Kit version is $588 with free shipping
  • PNP version is $1696 with free shipping

The MakeFlyEasy Store still only has the kit version.

• Kit version is $619 with $183 shipping to U.S.

The kit version at Banggood is $599 with free shipping…but not yet in stock.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, this does not help us get equipment from China.
I cancelled both my orders with MakeFlyEasy store on AliExpress. The order for motors and ESC and the order for the Fighter VTOL.

I then checked the UUUDroneStore. They don’t sell the motors or ESCs so I can’t order from them even though they offer more shipping options at great expense.

So, I emailed MakeFlyEasy store and asked them how I can order the items and get them shipped.
If I find anything useful, I will post it here.

In my recent interactions with MFE, they are unable to ship the PNP via alliexpress shipping method because of the magnets in the motors.

They said that they need to use a different post method outside of alliexpress such as UPS which, consequently, will be more expensive.

Christian

I had to cancel order after 3 months and 3 attempts of posting item by seller.
However, I did order the PNP version from above mentioned seller which by the way is not at all PNP as it is usually known in the RC world but rather just aircraft kit and all electrics supplied. Full assembly required.
But yes, there appears to be an issue sending it all together as in my case the electrics arrived after one month yet the actual aircraft kit never did.
I also contacted the MakeFlyEasy store but was told only expensive freight options currently getting delivered (i.e. DHL, Fed-Ex,…).
But I’m not prepared to pay three times as much for freight than what it usually would be.

1 Like

I heard back from MFE on my question about availability and shipping. The reply was “Can you contact the Express by yourself?”

I think I will wait a while to see if conditions improve before ordering the PNP kit.

Karl, @Karl_Schoelpple

Your image appears to be the components for the Freeman, not the Fighter. The Fighter is a 4+1 configuration with larger props and no robot servos for a tilt-rotor.

Dennis,

There is plenty of building to do on the main body and wings before you even have the electronics so perhaps you can use it to keep busy over the winter months.

Cheers!

2 things.
I am corresponding directly with Cheng Fang at 1641637133@qq.com to put together an order and get shipping arranged directly from the MakeFlyEasy store.

I edited and removed the request for 22000mah 12S batteries. I need 6S and can find those well enough.

In case it might help, maybe asking if their shipping broker can ship via UPS Sea. I recently ordered a Finwing VTBird for $60 to USA. I actually could’ve ordered 3 of them for the same shipping price because although the box was 87cm x 27cm x 54cm (Gross weight 5.0-6.0kg), the $60 but was good for a volume weight of up to 22kg. UPS declares 30 days or so for shipping but mine arrive in just a little over 3 weeks.

Hope this can help and point someone to a more assured shipping agent…

Good luck.

I just found 6S, 22000mah here in the US for $279 each (https://www.venompower.com/venom-22000mah-6s-22-2v-drone-professional-battery-15c-lipo-with-xt150-as150-35000)

and a charger for $285 (https://www.venompower.com/venom-pro-touch-screen-hd-45a-rc-lipo-lihv-nimh-battery-charger-0691).

It looks like I just ordered their last charger. I am sure they will get more.

Free shipping.
I hope that helps.

1 Like

Greg,
you’re right. It is for the freeman. But same online supplier and same delivery issues.

Rollys,
have also tried and asked for sea freight. But none of the suppliers replied to this question. (My opinion is rather wait 3 weeks or so and have the product than wait 3 months and still not have it).

BTW: On AliExpress the MakeFlyEasy store is directly linked to manufacturer whilst the UUURC-Store and UUUDrone-Store are distributors for them.

Has anyone had success with ordering products from UUURC or UUUDrone Store in the past?