Few issues

Hey Guys,

I’m new to the RC world, just built my first quad and got a couple of issues, was hoping some of you quad pros could help me out to see what I’ve configured wrong / issues with parts.

1 - When in stabilize mode and trying to hover on the spot, the quad always drifts left… not too much as I can counter it fairly easily.

2 - Loiter mode forces my quad to fly towards the top left, altitude is sort of maintained but hard to tell.

3 - Probably the most concerning out of the 3, quad gets ‘stuck’ in its last direction for a split second then its fine.
For example, I increased the throttle so the quad was increasing altitude then I reduced the throttle but the quad went up for a second or so before coming down. This happens for all directions and also happens often (at least 10 times) during a short 5 min flight.

Also, I noticed that when I turn the throttle up then back down the top left motor is always the last to stop spinning… the other 3 stop at almost the same time.

Let me know if you need more information.

log file – pastebin.com/pqbrKmi1

thanks in advance!

About 1:
STAB (and also ALTH) does not include any kind of position hold, means even the slightest bit of wind (even wind “reflections” from the own downwash) can push the copter around.
Did you calibrate the accels/gyros? If the APM is not mounted 100% perfectly parallel to the flight plane and the accels/gyros are not calibrated, it will drift, because Arducopter always levels the controller, not the quad. So, if the controller is not parallel to the flight plane and the software doesn’t know that, the copter will drift.

Vibration log shows extreme vibration - especially on z

Need to sort that try here - copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/vibration-damping/

** cant attach an image file it seems :frowning: **

and attachment

Thanks for the information guys.

@stefan - My APM is secure and facing the correct direction, also did a accel calibration.

Could the excess vibrations cause my quad to be unresponsive?

I don’t think it is loss of signal from transmitter as my RTL fail safe would have kicked in… the quad just keeps doing its last command.

I mounted my APM using o-rings and I think i got my vibrations down to an ‘ok’ level?

Just went for another flight, was drifting right and my quad went into its ‘unresponsive’ mode and kept drifting right (my last command)… kept drifting for 200-300 meters which was about 6-7 seconds.

Does anyone know why I keep loosing control of my quad?

[quote=“mps17”]I mounted my APM using o-rings and I think i got my vibrations down to an ‘ok’ level?

Just went for another flight, was drifting right and my quad went into its ‘unresponsive’ mode and kept drifting right (my last command)… kept drifting for 200-300 meters which was about 6-7 seconds.

Does anyone know why I keep loosing control of my quad?[/quote]

I am still new to logs, but graphing mode shows the last state as RTL. Was it flying back to where you armed?

You had 8 satellites and a HDOP less than 2 which should be ok.

Stu

your accel z looks a lot lot better now though.

Looking at your gps it does seem to be heading away from from where you started up.

[quote=“mps17”]I mounted my APM using o-rings and I think i got my vibrations down to an ‘ok’ level?

Does anyone know why I keep loosing control of my quad?[/quote]

Well, this log shows a radio failsafe being triggered, which caused it to go into RTL.

Thanks for the information guys.

I guess it is safe to say that my transmitter and receiver lost full connection, possibly a faulty part as I was only 20-30 metres away?

From the logs is there anyway of finding out why my RTL didn’t work, like was my external compass faulty or barometer or both?