I work at a company called Iris Automation which makes a detect-and-avoid solution for drones flying beyond visual line of sight. Naturally, this comes with its share of regulations for the vehicle, the DAA solution, and the ground station.
I’m writing to ask if Mission Planner can be enhanced to meet some of these regulations. Specifically:
- When displaying Mavlink STATUSTEXT messages in the “Messages” tab, the messages should be highlighted with colors indicating their severity. AC 25.1322-1 defines the following guidelines:
- Color Standardization. The objective of color standardization is to maintain the effectiveness of visual alerts by enabling the flightcrew to readily distinguish between alert categories.
a. Visual alert indications must conform to the following color convention (§ 25.1322(e))
(1) Red for warning-alert indications
(2) Amber or yellow for caution-alert indications
(3) Any color except red or green for advisory alert indications.
- If the “Messages” tab is not visible and a message comes in with severity WARNING or greater, then show a visual indicator that an urgent message requires attention. This could be displayed on the HUD or elsewhere.
I’m willing to help out and contribute code to achieve this. I’ll be forking the Mission Planner project to see what I can do. Does anyone have tips on where to start? Is this something that the Mission Planner developers are willing to include in the official version?
Thanks in advance for your help! Have a great day!