Fc fixed in frame

It would be nice to had the option to leave the fc in a fixed place like the u360gts frame, instead putting it in the antenna and pitch mechanism, it will make wirings easy, frames more easy to make, also to get the fc and the internal compass away of high power rf modems and better compass stability.

1 Like

Hi @jorgeneo560,

Thanks for the enhancement request. I’ve added it to the issues list here. I can definitely see the advantage from a wiring point of view but this would also be a very significant change to the tracker code and would also result in less accurate aiming of the tracker so I’m not sure we’d do it. Still the request is there so other devs can also see it and worst case other users with the same request might see the issue and understand why we we’re not keen to make this change…

thanks for taking in consideration the idea, i could help to modify the code and let the user decide wich way to go.
Add me to the next developer talk so they could explain me what parts of the code should modify to add this funcionality, i am having some issues with the mini 880 gps+compass and the holybro 915mhz 500mw modem, when i switch to 100mw modems compass mag field warning dissapear, so having the compass far away from the antenna and modem it would be nice, and having the fc fixed in place it would be a great help.

No other known tracker like u360gt, MFD Crossbow Mini, MFD AAT, Pitlab AAT etc. has the control on the moving axes. I understand your reason, but the other trackers track the course quite accurately.

I know the above trackers from personal use and so far they have all worked satisfactorily. The only tracker I couldn’t get to work was the Ardupilot antenna tracker. The documentation for it is pretty thin and IMHO there is no current HowTo anywhere to directly understand a setup. In other words, the tracker is probably hardly ever used …

But development continues here. For example, ExpressLRS will soon be able to control tracker hardware directly with a simple PWM receiver …