FC & ESC interactions ! Foil Droning!

Hello,

I’m doing my very own foil assist (putting a motor on foil mast). The FlyColor HV3 is awesome because of its form factor for 160A and size. I’m using a Maytech Radio & Receiver and power the receiver using a 5V BEC. The BEC takes the 12S voltage to make it possible. The motor is a 6374 130kv.

The maytech receiver allows me to get battery voltage and motor RPM to my remote by connecting one wire to one of the motor phase and another to the positive of the pack. again, so far so good.

I’ve been into droning and as it’s a drone/multirotor ESC, I had the (maybe stupid) idea to add a FC that I will only use to gather telemetry information on blackbox. I went for the speedybee because of the 500mb of internal memory and wifi/ble abilities. I could have used an UART logger instead but I like the speedybee interface and ability to use blackbox + the electronics will be covered by Magic Gel, so no ability to have a micro SD port

I was planning to connect (and duplicate) the signal and ground from my ESC to my FC and use another BEC to power 12V (3S).

Do you think I’m missing something?

Any thoughts on this ?

1 Like

Hi, I’m new around here. I am very interested in your publication. Have you continued with this project?

I would like to have a boogie that follows me (android phone) when I am surfing with my foil surfboard. To get on the foil I use the Flipsy VX3 controller. There would have to be some possibility of changing from “follow me” to “stop following me”. The problem is that I’m in the water :frowning:

I would buy 2x6384 boogie drive motors and two FLpisky VESCs, I assume you are familiar with this brand.

I currently have a configuration with a 65121 engine and a single vesc 75200, on this configuration it would be brutal to change direction with a rudder.

I would like to have your comments if you have continued with the project.

Greetings

@okayplayer, did you have some advances?