FBA adjustment?

I tried FBW A for the first time the other day and I didn’t have enough authority over it’s flight with my TX. It would have flown away if I didn’t switch back to manual. Plane seems to fly fine in guided mode aka it’s trimmed out nice and flies nice. So what/ where/ how do I change whats needed to get more control of the plane myself whilst in FBW A?? Would doing auto tune help? Thanks!

Auto tune it.

I had the same issue when I first used FBWA but after an auto tune it was perfect.

[quote=“MarkM”]Auto tune it.

I had the same issue when I first used FBWA but after an auto tune it was perfect.[/quote]

ahhh cool I will give that a try. When you turned on auto-tune did it fly like FBW A with not much TX control?

Don’t think it was as sluggish as FBWA was, I have a video of the tuning flight youtube.com/watch?v=SI89SFzJonk from 8min onwards you can see how well FBWA flies with just an autotune.

wow cool thanks for the info and the link. Hey where was that video taken? Great lakes area perhaps? Looks like similar to some I have taken by lake Huron.

Not quite :wink:

google.co.uk/maps/@50.80660 … a=!3m1!1e3

I have had problems with control authority when trying to AutoTune a plane; AutoTune is really just FBWA with automatic PID adjustment. I have had trouble completing turns safely, even in very large rural flying areas. In my case, I needed to increase the maximum bank angle by changing LIM_ROLL_CD from the default of 4500 => 6000 (45 to 60 degrees max bank angle).

If you just feel the controls are sluggish, but you can complete turns, then maybe this isn’t your problem - focus on autotuning as suggested above. If you can’t complete turns safely no matter how long you hold the stick to one side, when in FBWA or AutoTune, then try this.