Failsafe returning to specific Waypoint

Hi !

Right now i am carefully trying out my Hexa, experiment with flight modes, look at vibration and compass<-> motor interference.
So i have a lot of flights that are just a minute or so.

I tend to be too lazy to go to a nearby open space andwould love to take off from my garden, BUT because in my garden the RTL Launch position would be a quite small place surrounded by trees and open water (yikes).

A bit of drift in the GPS or a sudden wind blowing could really ruin my day making my hexaopter a submarine.

SO:

Is there a way that i could define the Launch position to be in the center of that nearby field and NOT the arm or first-lock coordinate ?

I am very aware that i am in deep trouble if i forget to change that setting and get a failsafe when i am elsewhere but thats my risk (of course the Firmware COULD try to be SMART ant to STILL use Launch instead of my favorite coordinate if it is more then XXX km away…)

Please let me know if there is a way to get this working.

Greetings,

Ender

[quote=“enderffx”]Hi !

Right now i am carefully trying out my Hexa, experiment with flight modes, look at vibration and compass<-> motor interference.
So i have a lot of flights that are just a minute or so.

I tend to be too lazy to go to a nearby open space andwould love to take off from my garden, BUT because in my garden the RTL Launch position would be a quite small place surrounded by trees and open water (yikes).

A bit of drift in the GPS or a sudden wind blowing could really ruin my day making my hexaopter a submarine.

SO:

Is there a way that i could define the Launch position to be in the center of that nearby field and NOT the arm or first-lock coordinate ?

I am very aware that i am in deep trouble if i forget to change that setting and get a failsafe when i am elsewhere but thats my risk (of course the Firmware COULD try to be SMART ant to STILL use Launch instead of my favorite coordinate if it is more then XXX km away…)

Please let me know if there is a way to get this working.

Greetings,

Ender[/quote]

Not for failsafe in Copter. Studying the documentation would have made this clear to you.

Besides, putting comfort over safety is an attribute of careless operators. What are you going to do if the failsafe hits? Are you then running out of your house to that open space to make sure nobody is in the landing zone or do you just don’t care if your hex maybe autolands on top of a baby stroller?

Additionally, as far as I remember, German law requires model aircraft operators to maintain visual line of sight at any time!

By asking questions which are answered by the documentation and especially by stating that you are too lazy (your own words) to go to a safe flying place. Besides, if your garden is to small to land in, it’s too small to take off from. It’s the most basic and simple safety rule.
You have to understand that amateur UAVs are worldwide under scrutiny from all kinds of apocalypse-screamers, tree-huggers and other foilhats and the last thing our hobby needs are careless operators which provoke accidents.

Remark:
That last post is NOT made by me, moderator marked it as posted by me (whyever).

Sort of “on Topic”:

By asking questions which are answered by the documentation
No, this situation is not handled in the docs.
And if you believe that everything not handled in the docs is not possible you should re-calibrate :slight_smile:

And now on your personal & moralizing comments that were unasked for:
Who are you to judge my garden, the size of it, my flight abilities or ANYTHING that is non of your business ?

Take off is controlled by myself and i can easily mange to take off.
If you deign to read AND understand my postings you would learn that i was asking about “automated” return after a failsafe and my general distrust in the precision of THAT process.
So:
My garden (still beeing non of your business) IS large enough to take off and land if i control the craft manually.
I am talking about choosing a different failsafe landing position which seems not to be possible at all which is a major PITA in my opinion.
Also the safety and choosing of that alternate landing place is non-of-your business.

I am not a twelve year old and i do not simply accept a patronizing attitude towards me, especially if it does not bring the topic forward even a tiny step.

So, please mind your own business and moral (see “tree huggers” to cite your disrespectful wording for people who actually DO care for stuff).

Ender

P.S. and YES this is not really and please mark it as unresolved as possible. In fact its a sad-to-read example for inefficiency (on my part as well as i cannot simply shutup in the face of the things you write)

[quote=“enderffx”]Sort of “on Topic”:

By asking questions which are answered by the documentation
No, this situation is not handled in the docs.
And if you believe that everything not handled in the docs is not possible you should re-calibrate :slight_smile:[/quote]
The APM:Copter docs are meanwhile so good that I simply say, what’s not in there is not possible. Maybe you specific situation is not handled there but if it was possible to set an alternate launch position, it would be somewhere in the documentation for planning missions or setting waypoints.

They are asked for by my function. As administrator/moderator in this forum, it my responsibility to make sure that all posts are within the boundaries of the forum rules.
Advocating potentially dangerous operation of an unmanned aerial system in violation of local laws sure is not “being a beneficial member of our community” as per forum rules’ section 1.

Forgive me, but you surely behave like one. You appear here with a certain audacity, repeatedly asking question which are either solved simply by reading the documentation or by reading the documentation and thinking about it logically. Additionally, you ignore and even in an inadequate tone oppose regulatory notices by an administrator and continue your behavior.

Let me make it clear to you:

• This forum is not for your personal entertainment
  • Support in this forum is provided by volunteers who sacrifice time which they could spend with their families or their hobby to help others. Therefore, we have minimum expectations to the own-effort and initiative of users before they ask a support question. In short: Read the documentation and use your own brain before posting a question!
  • Your access to this forum is a privilege, not a right. If you cannot adhere to the forum rules, your account will be blocked

Yes, it is solved. What you want to do is not possible. This is the answer to your question and therefore the topic is solved.

I will also close this topic now because your side-discussions are disruptive. I also advise not to continue those side-discussions in another topic, otherwise your account will be blocked.