Failsafe Options implemented yet?

Hi all,

I´ve just been searching up and down, but could only find posts from 2013 or early 2014. So I´m wondering if there is already an implementation to tell the AUX channels what to do on FS. I´m realtively new to APM, set up my Taranis to do all kinds of failsafe, but would also like to keep the ability to control my retracts on AUX 1 for flying missions (set_servo for landing) and of course have deplyoment in case of FS. But I don´t seem to find any such thing and just older posts.

So is it possible yet?

Cheers
Chris

I believe the only safe way to work with both FS is to put the Taranis RX in Failsafe Bind and the TX set to “no pulses”. Then give the APM/Pixhawk control of the FS functionality.

There were some “unscheduled landings” with other mixed Taranis/APM FS setups. It might have been Randy Mackay who sorted it.

If you don’t find what you are looking for you might ask over on the RCG/Taranis how to thread. There are a few APM/Pixhawk pilots active there.

[quote=“summX”]Hi all,

I´ve just been searching up and down, but could only find posts from 2013 or early 2014. So I´m wondering if there is already an implementation to tell the AUX channels what to do on FS. I´m realtively new to APM, set up my Taranis to do all kinds of failsafe, but would also like to keep the ability to control my retracts on AUX 1 for flying missions (set_servo for landing) and of course have deplyoment in case of FS. But I don´t seem to find any such thing and just older posts.

So is it possible yet?

Cheers
Chris[/quote]

I think I saw Randy post that there will be some updates in 3.3 for automatic landing gear operation

Mhhh any idea when it will come out? Otherwise I´m thinking about using an Arduino to handle both. If I use a servo Y cable it should be possible for APM to be in control and override by TX or FS.

No idea unfortunately.

I doubt a y cable will work, unless you mean a virtual y cable with your arduino in the middle. y cables are to allow two servos (or what ever) to listen to one signal…not two devices to drive one servo (or what ever).

Might be worth you also looking at teensy mavlink as you use taranis, if you can get the flight mode back down over the telem, and if RTL is identifiable, you could have the taranis check for RTL and drop the legs. In this case the legs would be wired to the RX rather than the APM. I have seen talk of it. although if the radio link was the fault and didnt recover this wouldnt work.

Of course :wink: an Ardu in the middle.

I´ve already got the Teensy/Mavlink up and running. But I´m not a pro IT guy so I better leave it at doing its thing. I know it´s kind of redundant to have a Teensy and an Ardu on the same rig. But if the Teensy can determine if the copter is about to land after flying a mission, it might be worth a look.

Hey,

I´ve been exploring the Ardu in the middle concept and was wondering how to simulate the APM beeing in control of RC9 (thus AUX1) to see what PWM values are to be expected to operate my retracts while on auto mission. I know you would input a certain PWM value with do_set_servo, but I need to check if my Ardu reads the appropriate values.

Is there a way via Terminal or something to execute a do_set_servo on Aux1?