Failsafe issue

I am usung Planner 2.0 and a FrSky TFRSb. I cannot get the failsafe to function correctly. I set it and it works well once but then if I immediately turn off the tx to kick the rx into failsafe, nothing happens. If does not go into failsafe mode.

Is the vehicle ARMED? do you see RC3 drop to what you expect?

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/throttle-failsafe/

Yes, i have tried it in armed and unarmed states. I just am confused by it. I have a frisky RX hooked up through the cppm channel. When I set the failsafe to 140% on the throttle channel (940ppm readout in planner 2.0) and then turn the endpoint back up I get a reading of 1100ppm on the screen. I then turn off the tx and the signal drops to 940 as it should.

Power back on and the signal goes to 1100 as it should. Now, if I again cycle the power on the tx back on and off, the throttle ppm number never changes. It doesn’t drop back down to the failsafe setting.

In fact, when I power back on the tx it is as if where ever the throttle is at becomes the new failsafe!

I cannot tell if this is a cppm issue, if I have everything set up correctly…just stumped!

Why would it be a CPPM issue? I am using the DFR-II quite reliably, but I use it in ‘no signal mode’ as it’s much easier to configure.

[quote]Option-2. How to set failsafe for no pulses on lost signal:

1. Just press briefly the F/S button on the receiver while the transmitter is off and you are done.[/quote]

see frsky-rc.com/download/view.p … ual-TFR4SB to download the manual

The video in this link explains the same procedure (For No Signal Method) copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/thrott … nal_method

Did that…a lot! Every time I cycled the Tx on and off the failsafe would change. It never did the same thing twice in a row.

I tested this last night using a D8R-II-plus and all was working as expected. I am unsure on how to help. Maybe a video of you setup process may help.

Other thing to try is to reset and re-bind your receiver and then set the failsafe to see if that fixes your issue.

[quote]Power back on and the signal goes to 1100 as it should. Now, if I again cycle the power on the tx back on and off, the throttle ppm number never changes. It doesn’t drop back down to the failsafe setting.

In fact, when I power back on the tx it is as if where ever the throttle is at becomes the new failsafe!
[/quote]

I’m probably way off the mark but after you cycle the power back on after triggering the failsafe, do you change flight modes to take it out of failsafe before triggering the failsafe again?

I was under the impression that once failsafe was initiated it stayed in failsafe until the flight mode changes or the craft is disarmed regardless of you turning the TX off and on again.

The craft will disarm, if it detects it had landed. If it’s sitting on your bench it disarms when the failsafe triggers.