Failsafe and Circle

Can anyone tell me is it possible during fail safe to have the APM go direct to RETL and not use the Circle first?

TIA Hally

Setting the failsafe times really short works, I have 1.5 for short and 3 for long but you could go shorter.

Mark again thanks for your reply I have found the params that need to be changed as here:-

FS_LONG_ACTN,0
FS_LONG_TIMEOUT,20
FS_SHORT_ACTN,0
FS_SHORT_TIMEOUT,1.5

I have to admit to being confused about the difference between the long and the short failsafe ?

At the moment what is happening is that at signal loss it goes to Circle for 20 seconds and then RETL. I would simply prefer it to go direct to RETL without CIRCLE.

Hally

Ok those lines now read:-

FS_LONG_ACTN,0
FS_LONG_TIMEOUT,2
FS_SHORT_ACTN,0
FS_SHORT_TIMEOUT,1.5

This takes it to RETL really quickly with no 20 second wait for it to get into any sort of trouble :smiley:

Hally

Glad you sorted it.

Just for reference, the fs_short_actn (continue/circle/glide) is activated when a failsafe (throttle/gcs) is activated for the fs_short_timeout time.
The fs_long_actn (continue/rtl/glide) is activated if that same failsafe is maintained for the fs_long_timeout.

I’ve always interpreted it as if you lose radio contact the plane goes into throttle failsafe, if it stays in fs for 1.5sec the plane starts circling in an attempt/hope of regaining that radio signal. If it doesn’t regain it after 20sec the plane comes home.