Failsafe actions

There was a time when there was a failsafe option if in Auto mode the vehicle if in Auto would continue on otherwise it would do something else. I don’t see that anymore but would assume that the " do nothing" option has replaced it. I have a 4 mile auto mission coming up in which case I could have brief periods of time I could lose transmitter connection as I will be following the boat with my ground station and transmitter in a vehicle on land but there are frequently buildings in my way. My RFD 900 will keep me posted on the ground station on everything but there is a possibility that I could have a 2.4g interruption from my transmitter. Using a 1 watt amp on the transmitter so this might not even occur. Should I have the failsafe set as " do nothing " is the question? Sorry to ask a trivial question as I realize all the hard work being done here and greatly appreciate everyone’s effort.

David,

The “do nothing” option is available in Copter, Sub and probably Plane but it’s never been in Rover I think. I’ve added an issue to the to-do list to add it.

1 Like

I just rechecked the Rover Docs and there looks to be no continue in Auto option in FS_ACTION.

David,

That’s right. It hasn’t been implemented in Rover…

1 Like