"Failed to convert number…" looping error message

Hi,

All of a sudden, I can’t load my saved .param-files! PANIC!: “Failed to convert number, please verify your input and try again”

I’ve tried it on two different macs, same files, same message. It loops, so when hitting “OK” it just pops up again. Only way out is to force quit APM 2.0

Getting close to deep shit as the hours tick… what to do???

APM 2.0 2.0.17-33-g3d23423 daily
MacOSX 10.7.5 and an older 10.6

Thank you for your time in advance!

I can compare files…

And if I just “Save to File” the content in my current full parameter list in a test-file, that one too triggers the same error and can’t be loaded… :cry:

(Hm, can’t upload a file for you guys. Getting this forum message that the extension is not allowed
(tried .param, .txt and no extension at all)

zip it and then attach

It’s due to having the country settings set to use , and the decimal point. Some code was added to respect the locale and it’s caused quite a few problems. I might just remove it from the build and just use .

Ok, will zip in a few minutes…

Sent using Tapatalk

The file.

Any suggested work-arounds for now?

This change is the problem github.com/diydrones/apm_planne … 7398e96db4

I’ll revert it back sand add code to only accept decimal point separator with range validity check.

ok, thank you for quick response!

I’ll check the dailys for an update.

Super thanks again!

I have to report that the issue is still here in 2.0.18… Quite troublesome…

Just discovered that when I enter a decimal “.” in full parameter list, I get the same message, but not when using “,”

I’ve raised it as a bug github.com/diydrones/apm_planner/issues/757

And will remove it from the next release until we have a workable solution for , as a delimiter for decimal numbers

Very good! Thank you.

Sent using Tapatalk