Failed to connect to tcp:127.0.0.1:5760 : [Errno 111] Connection refused

Hi,

I’m trying to run SITL with AirSim (haven’t gotten to the AirSim part yet) and I’m running into this error while follow directions from here: https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/setting-up-sitl-on-linux.html

As far as I know I’ve followed everything to a t up to this point. Here is the error I get.

Build commands will be stored in build/sitl/compile_commands.json
‘build’ finished successfully (3m53.363s)
SIM_VEHICLE: Using defaults from (/home/user**/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm)
SIM_VEHICLE: Run ArduCopter
SIM_VEHICLE: “/home/user**/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/run_in_terminal_window.sh” “ArduCopter” “/home/user**/ardupilot/build/sitl/bin/arducopter” “-S” “-w” “–model” “+” “–speedup” “1” “–defaults” “/home/user**/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm” “-I0”
SIM_VEHICLE: Run MavProxy
SIM_VEHICLE: “mavproxy.py” “–out” “127.0.0.1:14550” “–out” “127.0.0.1:14551” “–master” “tcp:127.0.0.1:5760” “–sitl” “127.0.0.1:5501”
RiTW: Starting ArduCopter : /home/user**/ardupilot/build/sitl/bin/arducopter -S -w --model + --speedup 1 --defaults /home/user**/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm -I0
xterm: Xt error: Can’t open display: 0.0
Connect tcp:127.0.0.1:5760 source_system=255
[Errno 111] Connection refused sleeping
Failed to connect to tcp:127.0.0.1:5760 : [Errno 111] Connection refused
SIM_VEHICLE: Killing tasks

What do I do abou this? FYI, I’ve been following the instructions I’ve found, but I don’t have a great knowledge of how it all works. I’m just trying to run the simulation SW so I can test control algorithms for a drone and this process for getting SITL is very confusing to me.

user** is just me replacing my username

Thanks in advance for your input!