Fail to flash bootloader in DFU mode

Hi,
My 3DR Pixhawk has bootloader problem as witnessed by solid light on IO B/E after certain period of normal functioning. It can’t connect to Mission Planner, but PC can recognize it in COM port.
So I entered DFU mode by connecting a wire between the +ve pin of SWITCH plug and the FMU-BOOT pad next to the SWITCH plug to get +3.3V . Then power up Pixhawk , PC Device Manager indicates DFU Bootloader mode, see attached .

Went to flash Pixhawk1-1M-bl (from Tools-bootloader of firmware site) using the “Load custom firmware” button in MP, but end up in failure (see attached error msg) . Also tried Pixhawk1-bl with the same result.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue. Thank you.

Try STM32CubeProgrammer

just use ST cube programmer for flash the
bootloader using the proper address 0x8000000
after this you can flash the new firmware.
Just perform first the full erase chip before flash the bootloader.
Pixhawk it’s also equipped with swd/jtag pads… for the main MCU and the I/o MCU, i suggest also purchase an stlink for future

Thanks for your help. After trying many different ways, this morning I tried flashing it with another FW (quadcopter), as FW then on board is arduplane, and it WORKS. Probably due to deleting original FW.

Cheers

Hi David,

I deleted the original FW (arduplane) by flashing Pixhawk with another FW, ie. arducopter, and it works right away without flashing the bootloader. Thank you for your help.

Rgds
Frankie