External compass not detected on Flywoo Goku F745 Nano

Sorry, just kidding Andy. I don’t have one but it looks impressive.

Ok I think I have reproduced this on the HD - GPS works, compass doesn’t. Will investigate further.

Fix here: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/18219

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for fixing the issue!

First I want to express my appreciation for all of your efforts and everyone else who helps make this the best project on Earth! THANK YOU !

I do not understand how to manipulate hwdef.dat files and getting that to the flight controller to implement the changes to address the compass issue. This morning the Beta was released that says it addressed this issue, but I still have the same problem with the Flywoo F745 NANO after installing the latest Beta firmware. Can you please let me know if I missed something, but currently in MP, when I go to calibrate the compass, no compass is present. I am using the Matek M8Q5883

1 Like

I must admit I only verified this on the HD. I have a nano as well - I will try that.

1 Like

Thank you !

I was so excited to see the Beta this morning… :wink:

Its actually a different pinout - will take a bit longer, and I am having issues with the baro …

1 Like

I appreciate all of your efforts!

Ok, I think I have it working now - I can put up a firmware build for you to try if you like.

That would be so sweet!!

Thank you !!

Here you go:

1 Like

Thank you so much Andy!! I can now see the compass in the configurator!!

I am so excited to test the range on this little 4" quad!!

Thanks again!!

1 Like

I did have to flash with the arducopter_with_bl.hex file.

I guess that won’t work with this one, as it’s FC only, no stack? I’m also a bit confused by all the variants of this FC.

It should work fine - the only difference is the number of PWM outputs. Betaflight target is the same for both boards

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Andy, that was really fast!

Going to give it a try later, as I don’t have time right now, fliyed with BF last time.

Hm, I wonder if should feel urged to secure one of these right now, even though I probably won’t use it immediately. Because: a) It looks like there are 2 successors already, but the latest one has no baro (why??). b) It might be smallest FC ever that can run AP (true?), so it’s fascinating simply because of that. c) I’d probably use it for a plane, so 4in1 is not needed.

Where can i find the esc for this board? Link please?

RDQ has the 16x16 4in1.

1 Like