Ethos 6 position function buttons for flight mode control

I have ch 8 as my flight mode channel and on my Ethos X20 I have a 6 position switch setup using the function buttons . These are arranged as a 6 position switch in model edit. Each button gives an ethos flight mode with a particular offset to channel 8. In addition I’m mixing a 2 position switch that reduces the channel to minimum to be a quick mode 1 selection. This is loiter currently . This gives me with switch in 2nd position, 6 outputs from around 1100 to 2000 us which I can fine tune to suit my 6 modes. With switch in first position the channel defaults to minimum for loiter. In MP modes I can tweak each button offset to give the desired mode jump. Is it possible to have a panic button like RTL setup or does this have to be 1 of the 6 allowed modes? I know I could turn the tx off but it’s not easy to recover for landing!

You can set up every RC channel to trigger any flight mode, not just the six preset modes. This wiki page has all the needed information about that.

1 Like

Thanks for that tip! If I change mode using say channel 10 with a 2 position switch, does this override the channel 8 selection and then if the switch goes low does the mode go back to what was previously selected in channel 8?

1 Like

I think so Philip and if you are in ch10 flight mode and you press one of the six buttons it goes to that mode

1 Like

Yes, whenever you are in a flight mode that was triggered by a switch, it will go back to what is selected on the flight mode channel when said switch goes low again.
You also can override the switch with the flight mode switch, as Marty pointed out. Switching it low after you have overridden it with the flight mode switch will have no effect on the flight mode.

If you set up multiple switches with different flight modes, the last activated switch determines the flight mode and if that last switch goes low it will go back to what is selected on the flight mode switch, regardless of the position of the other switches.

1 Like

That’s good news thanks. I can now setup all options on switches