ESC's off

Hello,

I use PX4FMU without PX4IO and 4 ESC’s connected to corresponding multiconnector-outputs.

Problem is, if I use latest stable arducopter firmware the ESC PWM seems to be corrupted: the ESC’s are not working while status armed.

I found that up to firmware version from 13.12.2013 00:12 it works but afterwards no more.

What can I do to get current stable FW working?

Thx for help & kind regards.

Is it true, that PX4fmu-only (without PX4io) is no more supported yet?

I found that statement here: viewtopic.php?p=9027#p9027

Regards.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi einma1,

[quote=“einma1”]Is it true, that PX4fmu-only (without PX4io) is no more supported yet?

I found that statement here: viewtopic.php?p=9027#p9027[/quote]

That’s correct, so without the PX4IO board keep using 3.0x versions.

Is this the firmware you downloaded?
firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/20 … /PX4-quad/

Hello RogelioN,
Thanks for your answer.

[quote=“RogelioN”]
That’s correct, so without the PX4IO board keep using 3.0x versions.[/quote]
Can you give me a link to the latest stable 3.0x?

[quote=“RogelioN”]
Is this the firmware you downloaded?
firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/20 … /PX4-quad/[/quote]
Exactly. Is this still 3.0x?

Flying with just the FMU is not officially supported (it is not part of our testing) but as you say it has been working. I think we overlooked this in 3.1 and the problem is you can’t arm. This should be resolved in master.

Please try using master (also known as latest firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/latest/PX4-quad/

and set BRD_SAFETYENABLE = 0

That should allow you to arm and the motors to spin.

Be very cautious if you actually fly master. There are some known issues with the throttle pulsing and a massive wobble at waypioints during missions, but please report back if you can arm.

Hello @Craig3DR,
I tried your manual but still the same problem: there is no PWM-output from the multi-connector.

Another point I found: the commit from firmware version 13.12.2013 02:12 (first version that is no more working with px4fmu) says:
“PX4: added automatic IO firmware update
this avoids the px4io.loaded file on the SD card that confused many users”

So I tried to put an empty file with name “px4io.loaded” on the SDcard and ESC’s become active! But at some later version this does not work anymore.

Any suggestions?

I did tried myself ( changing the value , and updating to the latest firmware) , but didn’t work :frowning:

I’m testing with oscilloscope , and not signal output when arming the quad :frowning:

maybe i did not used the good firmware ?? how to put old 3.0.x firmware using mission planner ?

Thanks