ESC Telemetry for T-Motors Thunder 300A 24s

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to read the UART data postback of T-Motors Thunder 300A 24s ESC. Firstly, I successfully read the data from a single ESC to my PC using FTDI cable on RealTerm. However, I cannot read the data through CubeOrange on Mission Planner. I have connected the Telemetry lines of ESC to GPS1 (Serial 4) of CubeOrange. This is the data package format in the datasheet:
Data package format:SPD:XXXX TMOS:XXXX TMOT:XXXX TMCX:XXXXXXXXXXXXCURI:XXXX VOLT:XXXX PWAC:XXXX SYS:XXXXXXXXXXXX
DBG:XXXXXXXXXXXX。
SPD:XXXX RPM
TMOS:XXXX ESC temperature(℃)。
TMOT:XXXX Motor temperature(℃,retention data)。
TMCX:XXXXXXXXXXXX (debug retention data)。
CURI:XXXX Motor current( X 0.01 A) 。
VOLT:XXXX supply voltage( X 0.01 V) 。
PWAC:XXXX Power Ripple(ebug retention data) 。
SYS:XXXXXXXXXXXX (ebug retention data) 。
DBG:XXXXXXXXXXXX (ebug retention data) 。

Here is the datasheet for the ESC:
thunder_300a_esc_manual.pdf (102.5 KB)

Is there any way to read the data through Mission Planner, or do I have to make a driver specifically for reading the data?

You need ArduCopter >= 4.5.0 and you need to use the Hobbywing/T-Motor telemetry lua script.

Thanks for the reply. The data format package for Hobbywing is different than that of T-Motors. Will this PR work for T-motors?

Read the PR carefully, it DOES work for both. It IS the same format.

It does work for T-Motors, but this Lua script is to be used with a Datalink V2. What if I have to take data from a single ESC, or let’s say without the Datalink V2?

Then there is hobbywing support, but not T-Motor support AFAIK.

Thanks a lot for the help. I will try some alternative methods then, for T-Motor Thunder ESC.

Hi all,
I am using also the T-Motor Thunder 300A 24S ESC and actually wondering if I can send information through the cube orange or if I have to use a specific datalink.
Did you get chance to find a solution ?

Thank you,

T-Motor Datalink v2 hardware is now supported by ArduPilot >= 4.5.1

Thank you for your reply.
However, it seems that T-Motor Datalink V2 is only for ESC Alpha, but not Thunder.

Hi Bruno,
So far, I have retrieved data from a single Thunder ESC and displayed it in Mission Planner. To do this, I modified the Hobbywing Datalink lua script (link provided in this topic by @amilcarlucas).
Now I have to combine the data from all four ESCs.