ESC telemetry and Quadplanes

Awesome @Rolf That did the trick.
Thanks to both of you for helping out it’s greatly appreciated.
Now if I could just find out why the rudder doesn’t move in Q Stabilize while the other control surfaces do the last mystery will be solved. At least till the next ones come. lol
Oh I need to see if the 5th motor shows up in motor test. I didn’t check that.
Edit:
I checked it made no difference to the motor test interface. Still only 4 motors.
I now think I need to mess with ESC calibration next. But I am slowly moving forward.

Thanks again

what flight controller are you using? dshot works different depending if your controller as an IO chip.

Thanks @geofrancis
I got the telemetry to work. I just didn’t have the config done correctly.
works great now.

I am left with 2 questions.

Should the motor test interface show the pusher motor and allow you to test it. I don’t se it so I don’t’ know if that’s normal.

Second I notice that the rudder doesn’t move it Qstab but the aileron and elevator. do move. If I change to FBWA then the pusher motor runs and rudder works …so not sure whats up.

Also ESC calibration…wow it sucks in plane. eesh.

No, the pusher motor cannot be tested, and does not show up here. The Motor Test interface only shows the VTOL motors and this is normal.

This is expected behaviour, it got me the first time I was setting up a QuadPlane as well :slight_smile:

Thanks Man.
I suspected that was the way it is…but I couldn’t find any documentation that stated it.
I appreciate you letting me know.
Now if I can just get the ESC calibration to work right I think I will be ready to install the power systems into the machine.