ESC stop and quad fall out of the sky

the quad was flying very nice and suddenly fall out from the sky i try to analyze the log file but there is no error messges so i check the log for any problem i find that esc telemetry stops at the moment of the quad start falling all other data was still logged, I apprecite if anyone can check the log and know why it fall from the sky.

FC stack holybro H7 with metal tekko 65a metal Esc battery used is 6s 6500mah 65C and motor velox 3008 1350kv with 8040 prop.

I’m going to guess an ESC failure on the front motors based on your output configuration. (RC3 - Motor 1) and (RC1 - Motor 3). The current at that moment dropped to min as well so in spite of the high command on those channels, nothing was happening.

1 Like

But I test all motors now working fine or iit is a temporarily fail then become OK after!

ESC de-sync could have been the issue. And it would explain why they are working fine now.

1 Like

OK I read about this issue before but never happened in all my previous tests even when I reach max throttle and speed to 182kmh I decrease currently max angle from 7500 to 6000 and and speed max to 145 kmh so what is the recommend solution now in your opinion?

What FW are the escs using?

1 Like

BLHELI32

Those ESCs run BL Heli 32 firmware.
That FW has a lot of parameters. If set incorrectly can lead to desync.
You have not shown us the parameters form the BL Heli firmware. We can not help you.
Have you considered hiring an external consultant?

2 Likes

Actually I didn’t play with original parameters of BLHeli and it was flying amazing several flights that happened suddenly one time and new thing this time that Both FC and ESC are enclosed this time I thought it’s not enough cooling but I ask first may anyother hidden reason.
Battery used 6s 6500 mah 50C
Motor T-motor Velox 3008 1350 kv
propller 8040
FC Holybro stack H7 -ESC tekko32 metal 65A

I’ve used the Tekko32 65A Metal with big payloads before, but not those high speeds, they work well.
I set these for the bigger motors:

• Low RPM Power Protect = OFF (or Auto if available)
  • Low Voltage Protection = OFF (rely on the flight controller battery settings)
  • Temperature Protection = 90
  • Motor Timing = Auto
  • Sine Modulation Mode = ON (optional)

The Auto motor timing might make a difference, BLHELI32 is quite “smart” and can track what your motor requires.

3 Likes

I just Flashed to latest firmware now and adjust setting after watching some explanation video here

2 Likes

Very nice detailed video. Great find!

2 Likes

Hi is this high temperature of esc explain this sudden stop behavior of motors?

1 Like

Yes it does, especially if the limit was 140

2 Likes

BLHELI32 setting temperatures protection was switched off can I switch it on and set it to 130 C

1 Like

You need either passive or active cooling. But you definitely need that if you want to use the escs for long flights

2 Likes

Thank you fo that video find Edfeeoc

1 Like

Your are welcome and this one also help

1 Like

Have book marked both Ardupilot is deff the bestest for help and support I hope all your probs are solved and good flying

1 Like

Really your ESCs should not be getting that hot. Either you are trapping heat around them or there is some problem either mechanical or with the tune

2 Likes