ESC & MOTOR selection, Bad performance

Hi Dave,
Thanks. I did the ESC calibration semi-automatic method and set the following parameters for initital tuning.
ACRO_YAW_P - 3
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX - 116700
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX -116700
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX - 27000
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD - 21
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTT - 21
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTD - 21
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTT - 21
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTE - 2
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTT - 21
ATC_THR_MIX_MAN - 0.1
INS_ACCEL_FILTER - 20
INS_GYRO_FILTER - 42
MOT_THST_EXPO - 0.65
MOT_THST_HOVER - 0.2
BATT_ARM_VOLT - 11.00
BATT_CRT_VOLT - 10.50
BATT_LOW_VOLT - 10.80
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX - 12.60
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN - 9.90
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT -1
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT - 2
Is this fine or anyother tuning parameters to add or modify ?
I would like to do Auto tuning to adjust PID values. But before doing auto tuning wanted to know how much time the battery is supporting without heating (with the support of Auto mission)
What is the minimum fly time needed for Auto tuning ?
Thanks for the support

Probably just set
INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10
INS_HNTCH_BW,40
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,80

I’m suspecting the HNOTCH frequency should be about 90Hz, but with that out-of-balance motor output the frequencies are all over the place. See if you can improve the weight distribution and centre of gravity too.
The hover thrust may need a bit of time to relearn, and more may have to be changed after that - just do some AltHold with a bit of pitch and roll for a while and send a link to that log file.

Hi Shawn,
Made changes to parameters and flew the copter in Alt hold mode. The copter was drifting to one side without any RC input and hence landed, Tried to input some Roll & Pitch input and landed. Attaching the log file for reference

Let me know if I have to adjust any parameters or tuning ?

OK for that drifting, set the copter on even solid ground and connect to MissionPlanner (or GQC)
Get a spirit level to check across the top of the motors. The ground is never level, and your landing gear is never as good as you thought it was…
Pack under the landing gear with something until all the motors and props are as level in every direction as you can get them (from motor to motor with the spirit level)
In MissionPlanner / Setup / Mandatory / Accel Calibration
press Calibrate Level

I would alter the PIDs to see if you can get a bit more stability
ATC_ANG_PIT_P,5
ATC_ANG_RLL_P,5
ATC_RAT_PIT_D,0.003
ATC_RAT_PIT_I,0.110
ATC_RAT_PIT_P,0.110
ATC_RAT_RLL_D,0.003
ATC_RAT_RLL_I,0.110
ATC_RAT_RLL_P,0.110
and see how that goes for the next test flight.
Take off in Stabilise mode - if the stability is worse land immediately.

Hi Shawn,
I have calibrated the copter after levelling it with the help of sprit level.
have flewn couple of times in Stabilize and Alt hold mode. It was not as expected and moved to one direction irrespective of RC input and wind direction. Attaching the log file for reference. Please advise if anything that I have to do for tuning.

Thanks for your continuous help.

Hi Shawn, any luck did you get chance to look at log file ?

What could be the reasons for it ?
I did see it was hovering better and good pitch and roll control. But cw motor was abnormally hot.