ESC Based Governor or Ardupilot with RPM Input?

yes, with the data provided the max headspeed you could theoretically achieve is around 2600 rpm.

Which jives with Heli-Professional’s recommendation of 2400 at max. Thanks.

See what happened in RTL when I tried the Throttle curve based Governor on this Heli TR 600 and later changed to the Castle C. ESC based Governor.
short Video 4 years ago: Landing with a wrong throttle curve - YouTube
I had TREX 500, RJX 500 ,TR 600 TR 700 all with Castle C. ESC’s for front ant tail motors and never ever a ESC failure with any CC - ESC.

@Ferrosan OK. she took off. just a quick chek that she’ll fly.

here’s the log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/141MzAechLofASIA7MCQ-ayXsEf7QcD_i/view?usp=sharing

I’m losing the RPM1 value above 25% throttle. What tweaks should I be looking at now?

@davidbitton Glad to hear you maidened! regarding your problem, the only thing that doesn’t sound right to me is this:

So I don’t think the rpm problem is related to throttle position directly, but the rpm max limit you set.
Also, I guess the rpm scaling needs to be revisited, it’s important to have the right numbers in place before doing any tuning.

OK. I’ll change that back to 10000 (I think that’s the default). The weather is forecasted to turn cold and rainy this weekend. Hopefully I can get her outside again next week.