Error with setting up SITL in Linux

[color=#004040][color=#000040]I just started ardupilot development and have been trying to setup SITL for Windows. I am at the Step 7(wiki) of setting up SITL using Linux. I keep getting an error " wp:command not found" whenever i use “wp load …/Tools/autotest/ArduPlane-Missions/CMAC-toff-loop.txt”.

I started with trying to setup SITL on Windows
dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/setting-u … n-windows/
which basically guides you to setting up a Virtual Machine with Ubuntu and installing the necessary files for SITL on Linux.
dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/setting-up-sitl-on-linux/

I am new to the whole UAV- Linux development environment and would appreciate any thoughts or help with regards to this.

Thanks.[/color]

PS: I have already checked for the paths in .bashrc and changed them accordingly as some of the mavproxy stuff didn’t get installed in the Home directory. I also ran the line endings fixes by doing the dos2unix.[/color]

I’m guessing something is missing or wrong in your setup.

The wp load command works fine for me.
I and some guys at RCG wrote a script and guides for SITL installation, which, at least for me, works fine.
I’d appreciate if you could try it out, to see if I missed something.

rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2190616

Thanks a lot! Your guide is perfect. I actually found it before you commented here. I tried the SITL installer and it works now. I just have to figure out the MavProxy commands. I was able to load the waypoints but unable to make the quad follow them. Can you help me with any of that ?

Thanks. :slight_smile: I had help. (A lot…)

Just guessing here:
You need to disable arming check ( param set ARMING_CHECK 0 )
Arm the throttle ( arm throttle )
Throttle up to take off ( rc 3 1700 )
Set mode auto ( mode auto )

Easier to do if you connect to MissionPlanner, and have a joystick connected.

The MavProxy docs and user guides are here: tridge.github.io/MAVProxy/

I have been doing that. But for some reason, when I put it in ‘auto’, it just stays there instead of following the waypoints. I will try to figure it out.

Yes, I have started using the Mission Planner. I need to understand that as well. I don’t have a a joystick at the moment.

I also wanted to ask you if you are into APM development. I have been trying to setup Eclipse(http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/ez-using-eclipse-for-ardupilot-development-in-windows/) to build the code and have been running into issues with the setup. Thanks in advance.

I’m sure you’ll figure it out.
Using MissionPlanner is a bit more intuitive. Try guided mode, or setup your own mission.

No, I’m not a developer, just a regular user.