Error running sim_vehicle.py

Wonderfull !
Maybe it was just missing a root or closing the ubuntu shell to update all links.

Have fun !

I had problems with the default installation as well. The problem was related to x-window absense, so I solved that by using information from here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/993225/whats-the-easiest-way-to-run-gui-apps-on-windows-subsystem-for-linux-as-of-2018

i have the same problem , what is the command that you have used please, thank you

This worked for me. I guess the pre-req were not installed properly.

l have same problem
Build commands will be stored in build/sitl/compile_commands.json
‘build’ finished successfully (1.107s)
SIM_VEHICLE: Using defaults from (Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm)
SIM_VEHICLE: Run ArduCopter
SIM_VEHICLE: “/home/diane/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/run_in_terminal_window.sh” “ArduCopter” “/home/diane/ardupilot/build/sitl/bin/arducopter” “-S” “–model” “+” “–speedup” “1” “–slave” “0” “–defaults” “Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm” “–sim-address=127.0.0.1” “-I0”
RiTW: Starting ArduCopter : /home/diane/ardupilot/build/sitl/bin/arducopter -S --model + --speedup 1 --slave 0 --defaults Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm --sim-address=127.0.0.1 -I0
SIM_VEHICLE: Run MavProxy
SIM_VEHICLE: “mavproxy.py” “–out” “127.0.0.1:14550” “–master” “tcp:127.0.0.1:5760” “–sitl” “127.0.0.1:5501” “–map” “–console” “–aircraft” “test”
[Run MavProxy] An exception has occurred with command: ‘mavproxy.py --out 127.0.0.1:14550 --master tcp:127.0.0.1:5760 --sitl 127.0.0.1:5501 --map --console --aircraft test’
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘mavproxy.py’
SIM_VEHICLE: Killing tasks

The problem was solved because mavproxy was installed during compilation build, but mavproxy was not installed using pip. The problem was solved after reinstallation.

diane@ubuntu:~/ardupilot$ mavproxy.py --version
MAVProxy is a modular ground station using the mavlink protocol
MAVProxy Version: 1.8.70
diane@ubuntu:~/ardupilot$ sudo pip3 uninstall mavproxy
WARNING: Skipping mavproxy as it is not installed.
$ diane@ubuntu:~/ardupilot$ sudo pip3 install -U mavproxy
Collecting mavproxy
Downloading MAVProxy-1.8.70-py3-none-any.whl (7.2 MB)
|████████████████████████████████| 7.2 MB 469 kB/s