Error during building AC V3.2.1 on Windows

Hello guys,

I’m facing a problem while building the V3.2.1 firmware on windows.
I cloned the master-repository to my machine and building this workes fine. But when i switch to V3.2.1 - branch and try to build i get this error:

$ make px4-v2-y6
“ERROR: sketch arducopter must contain exactly one of arducopter.pde or arducopter.ino. Stop.”

The Ardupilot/Arducopter - folder contains exaclty one of them (i.e the arducopter.pde - file). Any ideas on this? I’d like to build code on base of the V3.2.1 as this is the current firmware on my Pixhawk.

Trying this: Problem building Pixhawk Ardupilot 3.2.1 on windows also didn’t help. Submodules are already updated and initialised.

Do I have to change any directory - file or something like this?

Thank you in advance and regards,
Armin

Hi Armin,

Here is the build file containing the error message.
https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/blob/ArduCopter-3.2.1/mk/sketch_sources.mk#L13
I suggest you could try just commenting that error message out in your version ( using # at start of line) and see what happens

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I haven’t tested your suggestion as i meanwhile switched to the ArduCopter 3.3.3 firmware. This should also work fine for me and i can edit it as well as build it to a firmware.

Thanks for your advice.
I met another error at the end of make.
So, I installed Python using ‘easy_install empy catkin_pkg’.
However, I still get an error message. Please help me again.

$ make px4-v2
// BUILDROOT=/c/px4/workspace/dronecode/ArduCopter-3.2.1/ardupilot/Build.Arducopter HAL_BOARD=HAL_BOARD_PX4 HAL_BOARD_SUBTYPE= TOOLCHAIN=NATIVE EXTRAFLAGS=-DGIT_VERSION=“5d8cec23” -DNUTTX_GIT_VERSION=“ff60694f” -DPX4_GIT_VERSION=“f5a8173b” -DUAVCAN=1
building /c/px4/workspace/dronecode/ArduCopter-3.2.1/ardupilot/Build.Arducopter/Arducopter.cpp
%% Arducopter.cpp
%% module_mk
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/px4/workspace/dronecode/ArduCopter-3.2.1/PX4Firmware’
Skipping submodules. NUTTX_SRC is set to /c/px4/workspace/dronecode/ArduCopter-3.2.1/PX4Firmware/NuttX/nuttx/
Generating uORB topic headers
python import error: No module named genmsg.template_tools

Required python packages not installed.

On a Debian/Ubuntu syystem please run:

sudo apt-get install python-empy
sudo pip install catkin_pkg

On MacOS please run:
sudo pip install empy catkin_pkg

On Windows please run:
easy_install empy catkin_pkg

make[1]: *** [generateuorbtopicheaders] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/px4/workspace/dronecode/ArduCopter-3.2.1/PX4Firmware’
make: *** [px4-io-v2] Error 2

user@DESKTOP-BOLL1N7 /c/px4/workspace/dronecode/ArduCopter-3.2.1/ardupilot/Arducopter
$

maybe you should make px4-clean before make px4-v2