Erratic RSSI

Hi Gang

My RSSI values are erratic. I’ve done the following.

1. Set RSSI_PIN to 0 and RSSI_RANGE to 3.3 in FULL PARAMETER LIST.
  2. Connected a low pass filter between the RSSI port on my RCRX (Orange Open LRS Open LRSng) and A1 on my APM.

Should I adjust the values of the capacitor or resistor to suit APM and or Orange Open LRS?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Jase :slight_smile:

Connect RSSI to A0, or change RSSI_PIN to 1.
Or, was that just a typo?

Hi JNJ001

Great to hear from you. My previous post had a typo I’m afraid. Can’t seem to find the edit button. :confused:

The reading seems to behave like a heartbeat. I will see a value, then I see a few progressively smaller values pulse on the OSD then 0.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Looks like the Edit-button is on vacation. :wink:

If the voltage from the DAC is stable, the reading should be stable from the APM too.
Where are you seeing these readouts? If you use MissionPlanner, you’ll see “rxrssi” under the “Status”-tab below the HUD on the flight data screen.
If it’s on the MinimOSD, it could be a number of things. (That is best not further discussed in this thread, as it has nothing to do with APM:Plane 3.0.0)

Hi JNJ001

I will check it out in Mission Planner and let you know. Is there a particular section of the forum I could open a thread about my ‘possible’ issue with Minimum OSD? Really appreciate the help.

Cheers

If you run a 3DR Minimosd and the ArduCam OSD code, the hardware support thread is here: viewforum.php?f=72

For other versions, iskess has a good thread on RCG.
rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1830845

Hi JNJ001

I did as you suggested and checked the rxrssi value under the Status tab. Like the MinimOSD it was erratic. I then checked the voltage on the RSSi pins on the RCRX. Erratic. BINGO! I changed receivers and problem was solved. Really appreciate the help.

Cheers