Err: Flight_Mode-15

Hi,

I have just setup my new SteadiDrone with an APM 2.5 with built in compass and a Ublox 6H GPS.

I went for a test flight this morning to check vibration levels, which appear to be within the specifications.

Upon looking at the logs i have found an error which i cannot decode, please see the screen shots.

[attachment=3]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

It says Flight_Mode-15 however there is no mode associated with 15 as the list from the manual is from 0 - 10.

[attachment=2]Capture 2.JPG[/attachment]

Could someone clarify this error, i’m assuming if there is an error than something is wrong?

Also my auto analysis does not give me a mag field interference value, is this because i do not have an
apm power module?

[attachment=1]Capture 3.JPG[/attachment]

Thanks
Tom

I’m not familiar with that error.
However, you need to check and include the mag field in the MP logging preferences to receive those results.

[quote=“Bexcopter”]Hi,

I have just setup my new SteadiDrone with an APM 2.5 with built in compass and a Ublox 6H GPS.

I went for a test flight this morning to check vibration levels, which appear to be within the specifications.

Upon looking at the logs i have found an error which i cannot decode, please see the screen shots.

[attachment=3]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

It says Flight_Mode-15 however there is no mode associated with 15 as the list from the manual is from 0 - 10.

[attachment=2]Capture 2.JPG[/attachment]

Could someone clarify this error, i’m assuming if there is an error than something is wrong?

Also my auto analysis does not give me a mag field interference value, is this because i do not have an
apm power module?

[attachment=1]Capture 3.JPG[/attachment]

Thanks
Tom[/quote]

When I have seen mode errors its due to an invalid flight mode being used, however none of your flight modes are set to 15…so not sure whats going on there! You don’t have rcin enabled, so I can’t see if your channel 5 is doing something really odd.

Hmm, thats odd. Are you suggesting my channel 5 is trying to change to an invalid mode during flight?

I will try logging rc in when i next test to see if there is a correlation between that and the error.

Also thanks for the help with regard the mad error, i was unaware it wasn’t a default.

Thanks

Tom

Yes, you probably should do a test flight with RCIN logging enabled. Your log shows the flight mode bouncing in and out of Stabilize very rapidly, which doesn’t look healthy. It also seems to be switching to non-existent flight modes. My guess, without seeing RCIN logs, is that there’s some sort of funkiness to the PWM on channel 5 causing the APM to attempt to switch modes.

You could also hook your APM to a PC via USB and just watch the RC inputs on the Failsafe page with your radio running. If there are signal jumps on channel 5 you might actually see them.

I did a quick hover test in the backgarden for about 5 mins with RC In logging enabled.

You can see that the channel 5 flight mode PWM is behaving absolutely fine.

[attachment=2]Capture4.JPG[/attachment]

However i did notice that RC6 & RC7 have a very unusual glitch in them.

Channel 7 is currently set to autotune, so perhaps its trying to go into autotune and then back out?

[attachment=1]Capture5.JPG[/attachment]

What are your thoughts, im assuming this is a receiver problem rather than an apm one?

Im using a Spektrum DX8 and a brand new AR8000 with satellite.

I have also realized this glitch is noticeable if i watch the values in the fail safe tab!

Here is the log for analysis.

[attachment=0]2015-03-07 16-16-25.bin[/attachment]

Thanks
Tom

That’s it! Just googled autotube flight mode 15 and it is.

dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/apmcopter … ight-mode/

sent from my phone so apologies for any typos

So, now i know channel 6 and 7 have a pwn spike/glitch, how would i go about solving
and/or getting rid of this issue?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know?

Thanks
Tom

I have the same problem. Check the wire connection from your receiver to your apm on channel 7