EOIR Dual Sensor Zoom Gimbal Camera for UAV

Eagle Eye-30IE Pro is a 3-axis high stabilized gimbal with 30x zoom EO(electro-optical) and 640*480IR(infrared) sensors for drone inspection, surveillance, search, and rescue applications.
The SONY 30X zoom camera provides 1080P 60FPS full HD video streaming and up to 30X zoom capability, which enables you to see every detail you need in the air even if you are far away from the object. While the thermal camera allows you to detect targets in night or low visibility conditions.
A high-performance 3-axis gimbal is developed based on FOC(field-oriented control) technology, which will give you stable and clear video streaming.
Adapt the most advanced auto-tracking technology, with which you will never lose the object when conducting the mission.
Professional and friendly ground control software, with it the operator on the ground can preview and control the gimbal conveniently.

Does it integrate properly with ArduCopter’s 4.3.x mavlink gimbal interface?

1 Like

I think this camera Gimbal driver doesn’t available in ardupilot yet @rmackay9

Thanks for the ping @kalai1219

Looks like a nice gimbal. We don’t have an ArduPilot driver for it so I suspect it would need to be controlled using PWM. I’m happy to work with manufacturers to add support in AP though. In general that means that I need one example of the hardware and some kind of documentation on the interface to control it. Normally the interface is serial but sometimes CAN.

If the gimbal doesn’t have a serial nor CAN interface then it could be setup as a normally brushless gimbal using PWM. I hope to improve the wiki in the coming days to clarify the setup for these types of gimbals with AP 4.3.

Thank you @rmackay9
For coming forward and help us.

These types gimbal general control with TTL,Sbus and PWM.
If camera video output is IP then it can be controll via TCP also.
What are the documents you need to write driver for this.
I think i have viewpro gimbal http://www.viewprotech.com/index.php?ac=article&at=list&tid=127 documents which very similar to this when i looking at osd of the video.

thanks for the comments.
Eagle Eye-30IE pro gimbal camera is developed by Yangda Team. you are right. the gimbal camera is controlled with TTL, and Sbus, but not PWM. and can share the GPS of autopilot as it supports mavlink also. we can share the TTL serial control protocol if need it. below is the data sheet and related demo video: