Enhanced Trigger Logging - Wiki clarification - Differences with and without Enhanced Trigger Logging

A few days ago I posted about the wiki for Enhanced Trigger Logging not matching my testing.

I’ve discovered that the issues is that the wiki section on Enhanced Trigger Logging does not distinguish how trigger logging happens when Enhanced Trigger Logging is enabled, and when it is not. This led to my confusion on this topic.

This section highlighted below is ONLY true when Enhanced Trigger Logging is enabled. To enable Enhanced Trigger Logging, the CAM_FEEDBACK_PIN parameter must be set.

In addition, related parameters must also be set that configure the GPIO pin properly.

When Enhanced Trigger Logging is NOT enabled, all camera triggers are logged with CAM messages. There are no TRIG messages.

When Enhanced Trigger Logging is enabled, all camera triggers are logged with TRIG messages. A CAM message will also be logged that records the actual shutter operations - but only if the hot-shoe wiring and parameters are correct and functioning properly.

So in my particular case, I had Enhanced Trigger Logging enabled, but I had problems with both my wiring and parameters that prevented it from operating. The result was that the log recorded TRIG messages - but no CAM messages.

Once I resolved the problems, the log recorded both TRIG and CAM messages as the wiki describes.