Enable battery voltage monitoring on more than 2 batteries with the aux channels

Hello

For context I am working on a ASV catamaran with 2 pontoons as a school project, the plan is to have 2 Lipo batteries in each side with a decoupler after each battery in case a battery shortcut.

My Flight controller is the “The Cube black.”

My question is now, how can I monitor the batteries? For each of the power input on the flight controller there is a volage and current sensing but only for 2 batteries.

While looking for an answer I stumbled upon this forum post from 3 years ago.

https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/rover-docs-why-so-many-battery-monitor-settings/40030

Is this feature implemented yet?

in the parameter list it is listed that you can monitor up to 10 batteries at the same time. How can I config the aux ports to become volage sensing ports.

If that feature is not implemented yet I was wondering if anyone had experienced hooking up battery monitoring like the sketches below below or if that is a stupid idea.

The Green boxes are the pontoons,

PS. The Batt_mon is just to monitor the voltage from the batteries. There are voltage regulators and fuses before the flight controller receives power.

Feel free to question if I missed something or something does not make sense :slight_smile:

Thank you

**Best Regards **
Anders

Yes, it is implemented.

1 Like

Hi, Im working on a similar project and im using pixhwak 6X that has two power monitor input, but the readings i get on QgroundControl for both batteries are the same, its seams like both instances get their value from the power1 conector. is there an error on my setup or could these be a bug? im using ardurover 4.4 latest stable version

Thanks you in advance!