ELRS with Orange Cube+ how to connect?

Hi friends!
I have stacked in problem - I don’t understand how to connect a ELRS receiver to the orange cube+. I read a documentation where found out that I can connect my receiver to RCIN or SBUSo. For SBUSo I tried to work with UART5, for example, but didn’t have success. But I wasted several day but can’t understand how to do it. In both cases, I don’t see signals from my receiver (page “Radio Calibration” in MP).
I tried to connect my receiver to UART 4 and it works fine, but I need this UART4 for another task. Are there any decisions on how to connect ELRS to RCIN or SBUSo? Help, please
Please, help to solve this problem!!!

You must use a UART for ExpressLRS or Crossfire. There is no alternative.

1 Like

Yuri_Rage, thanks a lot…
I`m very appreciated you of your answer. I know you as a guru of Ardupilot (now I try to do a topic “How to use lua script output sensor value to get ground station”). But it is bad news for me… because orange cube+ has a very small number of UART… I need one UART to send my own data from my arduino mini to GCS. And I want to use two GPS (one of them uses a CAN-bus). Arduino, GPS, radiotelemetry and receiver. There are four uarts… Can I use UART 5 or it is for debug only?

SERIAL5 is typically not exposed for general use on most carrier boards. It is usually reserved for ADSB. Recommend you look into CAN nodes for IO expansion like the ones linked below.

AP_Periph CAN Node L431 – Matek Systems
mRo CAN Node F303 (mrobotics.io)

1 Like

It is a good decision, I will try it. Yuri_Rage, thank you very much!!!
P.S. I tried to use uart5 - I deleted a chip ADS (PF008) from PCB