ELRS Lua VTX admin - AP - SA VTX interaction

I have the following setup

• RC: Frsky TaranisQ X7 Access, Edge TX 2.8.1
  • TX: Frsky R9M 2019 Access, ELRS 3.2.1
  • RX: DIY ESP8285 SX127x 900MHz RX, ELRS 3.2.1
  • FC: Pixhawk (fmuv3 , 2M flash), Ardupilot copter 4.3.7
  • VTX: AKK VTX Ultra Long range with SmartAudio

I can succesfuly change VTX properties from GCS (by mavproxy command "param set VTX_* ") and I see the results of that command on VTX leds. So smartaudio FC-VTX interaction is working. But when I try to change VTX properties from RC in VTX administrator menu in the Lua script crsfv3.lua from ELRS project - nothing changes (nor VTX_* parameters in Ardupilot nor obviously the state of VTX). I’m using Yaapu telemetry script and I have about 30 telemetry variables so telemetry is working but something is wrong between RC and FC. Is this method (changing VTX parameters through VTX Admin) supposed to work in such configuration. I’m not quite sure about it, is it compatible with Ardupilot ? Or am I missed something ?

Generally you have to decide whether you want the VTX to be controlled by the TX or by the flight controller - you can’t do both

Hi Andyp1per,

I would like to thank you and all AP team for their great job. Regarding to your question I would like to control VTX (band,channel,power/pitmode) from the TX, moreover my goal is to control VRX to keep VTX/VRX in sync (band,channel). So that is why I had a plan to use TX with backpack and Lua script, and I thought that should do the task. But I was wrong. As far as I understand the problem with this plan is that AP doesn’t support MSP over CRSF. Are there any other solutions to my task ?

AP supports the CRSF parameter update frame which is what AgentLite uses for making change. You could probably write a LUA script that uses this to modify the RX side as well as the TX side, but I suspect it wouldn’t be easy. Not sure that MSP over CRSF is a thing…

1 Like

May be ELRS backpack for some video receivers/goggles?