Elevon plane configuration : issue with Servo and RCMAP

Hi,
I’m working on one of the last stage of my project before flying, configuring the servo and RC, and I’ve got some “strange” issues , I don’t understand why …

• DART ZOHD (wing with elevons)
  • MATEK H743 Slim
  • PDB HEX powerboard
  • RC transmitter : Spektrum DXE with satellite receiver SPM4648

All cabling are in place, power is OK, I’ve done the Radio calibration in MP and Pitch + Roll are OK when I move the sticks in “RADIO CALIBRATION”
MP config: (like in the ARDUPLANE doc https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/guide-elevon-plane.html#guide-elevon-plane)

SERVO1_FUNCTION 77
SERVO2_FUNCTION 78

RCMAP_ROLL 1
RCMAP_PITCH 2

SERVO OUTPUT menu in MP:
Position 1 function is “elevon left”
Position 2 function is “elevon right”

What happens:

• When moving the pitch stick = on MP in “Radio calibration” menu the pitch bar is moving properly , in “SERVO OUTPUT” menu the green bars are working like a pitch.
    => but the wing servos are moving the elevon for a “roll” on the plane.

• When moving the roll stick = on MP in “Radio calibration” menu the roll bar is moving properly, in “SERVO OUTPUT” menu the green bars are moving like a roll
    => but the wing servos are moving the elevon for a “pitch” on the plane.

I tried to modify SERVO FUNCTION and RCMAP but it doesn’t work…
Any help will be appreciated, thanks !

Nico

Seems you have the inputs and outputs configured correctly but likely need to reverse one of the servos to match expectation when actuated.

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your answer. With “SERVOx_REVERSED” ?

That seems the likely course of action.

Do not ignore the safety checks mentioned in the documentation to confirm proper servo direction once you think it looks correct.

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/guide-elevon-plane.html

OK I’ll try and keep you updated
Bye
Nico

Hi Yuri,

It works fine now, many thanks !
It was a nightmare to have the right settings with my build, not only with the servos but with the transmitter as well… Hopefully I found some answers, but one thing not clearly explained in the doc : We don’t have to make some programmation on our transmiter as MP is managing everything ! i didn’t fint it anywhere - maybe my fault to be honest.

Bye
Nico