EKF3 IMU0 MAG0 ground mag anomaly, yaw re-aligned, Drone Unstable Behavior

I need help. I just saved my drone from crashing thanks to me being attentive I automatically pressed the ‘Land’ mode to save it from crashing…

This is the third time that my drone has behaved abnormally when it’s taking off. People have reported the same issue about this incident. On my part, it only happens rarely. I had multiple tests so far since May, 2023 and this only happened thrice. I’m not also sure what part of the logs am I supposed to look at.

I have attached the gdrive for the video of the actual crash, the screen record of the mission planner and the logs. The error happened at 11:27am
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1orlosElyLfpukH8Cg_thpUok0_0ItVFh?usp=drive_link

I’m using ArduCopter V4.2.3 and CubeOrange

That was a bad flight!
You cant afford to have these big copters doing crazy things, as I’m sure you know.

This is likely an issue with high current wiring and interference with the compass.
You appear to have disabled the external compass and are relying on the internal compass.
Probably change these:

COMPASS_USE,0
COMPASS_USE2,1

Are you using the standard Cube voltage and current sensor?
The reason I ask is because the current sensing is not working correctly, and is following voltage instead.
See if you can figure out what is going on there - even if you have to send a picture of the wiring, even draw out a diagram of how you have everything connected. If you are only using the standard sensor for voltage sensing because it wont handle the current, you can do one of two things:
a) get a couple of Mauch parts to do the job properly
b) set BATT_MONITOR,3 to only monitor voltage, but this is not as useful

There’s a few other things to change too, some are CRITICAL so dont skip any:

ARMING_CHECK,1
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT,1
FENCE_ENABLE,1
INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10
INS_LOG_BAT_MASK,1
INS_LOG_BAT_OPT,4
PSC_ACCZ_I,0.8
PSC_ACCZ_P,0.4

And before you go any further with flights, you need to investigate and fix the vibrations, in particular Z axis vibrations. This will cause you no end of issues.
Once you have that sorted out it will be safer to fly and then you can set this:
ATC_THR_MIX_MAN,0.5

For the next test flight use RC control, take off in AltHold and if flight is OK use Loiter.
Do some altitude changes, circles, yaw on the spot and a figure 8 if you can.
Let’s see that log and we can properly calibrate the compass and the harmonic notch filter.
Dont worry about doing Auto missions until everything is very reliable and you have completed tuning.

One again: PLEASE do NOT fly until you have sorted out the vibrations

EDIT: when you do get to run Auto missions always put a waypoint directly above the take-off point, or issue a takeoff command to a reasonable altitude - so the copter doesnt try to fly sideways to the next waypoint and take out people and objects,

1 Like

This helps a lot. Thank you so much!

Edit: Will try this today