DShot w/Arduplane

I’m not entirely sure this is a 100% Ardupilot question, but I thought I’d ask here unless told otherwise. I recently maidened an AtomRc Seal with the Matek F405-WSE (EOL) Flight Controller F405-WSE – Matek Systems flight controller, the motor that came with the plane, and this ESC. RDQ ESC 30a 3-6S for Sale - BLHELI_S DSHOT600 ESC - RaceDayQuads In soldering up the ESC and powering it, I realized that the motor direction needed to be reversed. I thought I’d try using the software tools to reverse the motor direction though I’m brand new to working with Dshot/BLHeli, etc. I was trying to follow along here BLHeli32 and BLHeli_S ESCs — Plane documentation and here DShot ESCs — Plane documentation and was able to successfully reverse the motor direction, which was fantastic. However, I now have a strange behavior of the motor which doesn’t seem consistent, but happens more often than not where the ESC/motor will give the last part of the initializing tone repeatedly when powered. This happened even in the air when I dropped the throttle to “0” and could still hear the tone. I don’t have any idea why it would be making this sound repeatedly - any ideas?
Log file from the flight today as well as video of the sound I’m describing found here. Sign in to your account

If its repeating then that sounds like its re-arming which means it is losing sync. Could be down to the ESCs. I’m also working on better bitwidths which seem to affect BlueJay ESCs in particular.

Thanks for the tip. What do you mean by better bit widths? Would you recommend a different Dshot in that case? This ESC should be capable of DS600, but I was using DS150 in this case since I didn’t think I needed to push it for a plane. Do you happen to know if the motor direction will stay reversed if I go back to using PWM on the ESC in this case?

Be worth trying ds600

I left all other settings the same, but switched to DS600, and that seems to have solved the issue. Thank you!