Dshot motor pwm limits

It is my understanding that with Dshot output it sends a fixed range from 1000-2000 regardless of that servo min/max is set at.

The problem I have is the propellers on a boat are far more efficient forwards that in reverse so to get to to handle correctly and be able to turn on the spot without shooting forwards I just limited the forward motor thrust by limiting the max pwm to 1800 so it gave the motors more reverse when turning. the issue is that doesn’t appear to work now that dshot is enabled since it uses fixed ranges and no way to override it. So is there any way to replicate that function without editing the pwm values.

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem here with an air boat. I can limit the pwm value (dshot or normal pwm) in the servo tab (or in the servox_max/min param), and it will stay and work as configured until reboot. however, in both classic or dshot protocol the limits are reset to 1000-2000 on functions 73 and 74 (throttle left/right) after any reboot (soft and hard).

I have try the throttle max param, which limit the throttle, but not the steering commands (which are linked on a skid rover /air boat)

I have created an issue for it