Dropped out of the sky

Hello - I’m trying to figure out what is wrong with my new quad build. I think it’s a sync issue but I would love someone else to look at my log file.

I took off in stable mode and didn’t change throughout the short upwards flight since I was testing it out. The copter was very controllable and very stable until it decided to flip on it’s back and drop to the ground like a rock. 85% battery left on a 2600 3 cell after the crash and I was able to arm and spin the motors (after removing the props for safety).

Any help is greatly appreciated since this is my first time trying to read logs!

Frank

It’s looks like your copter couldn’t track your desired roll and pitch, like an mechanical failure, check your motors, esc, props, etc.

Hi Cala2!

Thank you so much for your reply! To further my understanding of your analysis, can you tell me what you looked at in the logs?

BTW: The motors/props and esc’s were all functioning probably after the crash so that’s why I think it might be a sync issue. The motor/esc combo I am using is:

Motors:
hobbyking.com/hobbyking/sto … duct=32004

ESC:
valuehobby.com/multicopters/ … imonk.html

3s battery…

Cheers,
Frank

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … sing-logs/
Looks here, your log looks at this
Check your props if they are well attached, one day with my first cuad, the little bolt that fix the shaft was loosen and crash., then remove the props and spin the motors if you find something wrong there, good luck. :wink: