Drone can hobbywing esc Rpm delay rate

Hobbywing DroneCAN ESC — Copter documentation (ardupilot.org) I want to know the data delay rate for all these measurements.

Data delay rate does not exist

You either want the data delay or the data rate. which one is it?

data rate, after how many seconds the rpm is displayed onto the MP

Data rate is not a time delay.

That is data delay and depends on the latency of your telemetry link.

Which telemetry modems ate you using? How are they configured?

@amilcarlucas @Karandeep_singh1,

I think we can safely assume that @Karandeep_singh1 wants to know the actual delay between the propellers real RPM and what is shown on MP. I don’t think that any of us immediately know the answer to this off the top of our heads so let’s just say that.

I think the most we can say that the average lag will be at least 0.5 x the time between ESC telemetry messages. The update rate of the ESC telemetry message can be seen using the MAVLink inspector so, for example, if the update rate is 10hz then the average lag will be at least 50ms.

There are other lags as well of course. The delay in the radio sending messages to the MP (this is probably very small) and the lag within the ESC itself between when it measure the RPM and what it sends via DroneCAN to ArduPilot. That lag could be longer or shorter depending upon what filtering is done in the ESCs. Then finally there’s the lag within the ArduPilot driver.

It’s a tough question and I don’t think we can give a complete answer. Realistically if you really want to know exactly you’d need to figure out a way to measure it yourself I think.

There is:

• ESC FW latency in measuring the RPM
  • ESC FW latency in sending the data
  • AP latency at receiving the data
  • AP latency at decoding the data packets in lua
  • AP latency at packing the AP_ESC_Telem datastructure Data into MAVLink
  • Modem transmit latency
  • Mission planner latency in decoding and Displaying the data.

Add all those together and you will get your result.
I am guessing 1 to 1,5 seconds.
latency and rate are different things especially in a deep pipeline like this one.